The "Your Day in Pies" Photothread (non artistic)

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, ndv said:

@Bojangles shed some light. 

Oh...hey gang,

Well, I joined the site officially (as Bojangles) around 2001 but was on here with random names before that. So, I would have been around 24 or so at the time. I'm 43 now. You might be thinking I was younger because of that kid pic of me (current profile pic) that became sort of a meme around here back in the day. That pic was taken around, 1988 or 89. 

Damn, I'm old.

Wonk Saggin.

Edited by Bojangles
  • Like 6
  • Truth 1
  • Props 3
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Ray40 said:

I came here thinking it would be all graffiti discussion and I would meet people in my age group and older but I found out otherwise. Still I have learned so much from this forum and, despite the nasty stuff, I still would go on herr

That's somewhat how it used to be.  I hold out hope that people who are into graf but are disillusioned w/ social media might still find their way back here.  To that end, everyone's participation here matters and is encouraged.  From 12oz past I still have good friends that I met through here, people in other states/countries that I still get up with when we can.  Also in the past week or so I've learned of several lurkers from different states that are watching my bench, hopefully we can get some of those types to log in/post.

• Like 5

I cannot say how the rest of 12oz is doing with rap letters and people who do them as I haven’t checked in ages. Last few times I’ve popped into brick slayers it literally feels like turning on fm radio and I automatically exit because it’s that bad. I do not ever remember channel zero to be poppin with too many real writers though. I  know it’s some heavy hitters in here and I have met a good many over the years though.

@One Man Bannedseems to have slipped through the cracks on me though. I don’t remember you in these 12oz streets but I’m also terrible at brain memories. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

@One Man Bannedim a straight fan of your benches. Every once in a while I catch something I was a part of in high school and after. Its crazy to see 20+ year old freights rolling and people still catching them. 

4 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

I cannot say how the rest of 12oz is doing with rap letters and people who do them as I haven’t checked in ages. Last few times I’ve popped into brick slayers it literally feels like turning on fm radio and I automatically exit because it’s that bad. I do not ever remember channel zero to be poppin with too many real writers though. I  know it’s some heavy hitters in here and I have met a good many over the years though.

@One Man Bannedseems to have slipped through the cracks on me though. I don’t remember you in these 12oz streets but I’m also terrible at brain memories. 

@mr.yuck if you feeel like DMing me your rap letter name I'll keep an eye out for it.  Otherwise, enjoy the random pop-up in the bench.

@NightmareOnElmStreet I've slipped through many cracks but never yours.  I had an original SN that I only used for the graffercizing elements of the site.  Back then I only came to the site for the graf.  I had little appreciation for other socialization or discussion on here then because that was time that I could be rap lettering.  I later had a SN for wandering throughout the site, it had about as many posts as you do now, but then I got banboozled by corporate 12oz.  Lurked for a bit..... then returned as OMB.

There is an issue w/ participation on here.  Def more people who lurk but don't post, sign in, or create an account.  The other day a homie sent me a screenshot of someone posting my bench pic of them on their IG and they gave me & 12oz a shout out.  Funny too in that I don't use social so if homie hadn't caught it and sent it to me I never would have seen it or known.

• Like 3

My cities (SF,SJ) used to pop off in Brick Slayers - not so much anymore. 

I used to have a different SN prior to Fat Ralphy. I remember when my homie first showed me 12oz - not long after its inception. Artcrimes was the other place to frequent just  to lurk pics.

Once you get the Channel Zero vibe......it just feels right. 

• Like 2

On 8/20/2020 at 6:37 AM, Ray40 said:

I came here thinking it would be all graffiti discussion and I would meet people in my age group and older but I found out otherwise. Still I have learned so much from this forum and, despite the nasty stuff, I still would go on herr

i mean i came here at a young age too practically grew up on here honestly.. i think i came around 06 or so and i was 16 at the time and i somehow found out about 12oz through some other random site idk.. but honestly the oontz and Ch.0 just felt like home.. even if you did get made fun of for posting something stupid or failing at a threesome attempt it was never really harsh or anything.. kinda like an older brother fucking with you but still willing to sit down and give you a heads up and some solid advice but still end up making fun of you ya know.. wouldn't have had it any other way though.. 12oz really is a dope place to learn alot from and meet some pretty cool people..

Speaking of pies, me and my girl got hit yesterday with her daughter in the car.. dude behind us clearly wasnt paying attention or "trying to brake" as he said he was.. I'm guessing he was going the speed limit, wasnt looking at the traffic and hit us full force we even hit the lady in front of us.. thankfully both my girl and her daughter weren't seriously injured.. only injuries really is her forehead she has a bump on from either the steering wheel or the rearview mirror flying off and a tiny bruise on my elbow.. sucks cause my girl has anxiety as it is now shes even more terrified to drive.. but as long as were all not seriously injured it's all good..

So yeah that was fun...

20200820_155102.jpg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

My cities (SF,SJ) used to pop off in Brick Slayers - not so much anymore. 

I used to have a different SN prior to Fat Ralphy. I remember when my homie first showed me 12oz - not long after its inception. Artcrimes was the other place to frequent just  to lurk pics.

Once you get the Channel Zero vibe......it just feels right. 

Did you ever get on the IRC channel that Susan and Brett set up? 

What ever happened to Susan? I know she used to live by @JokerDo any of you keep up with her? 

4 hours ago, lord_casek said:

Did you ever get on the IRC channel that Susan and Brett set up? 

What ever happened to Susan? I know she used to live by @JokerDo any of you keep up with her? 

I was a long time AC contributor and I still keep in touch w/ Susan, maybe once a year or so now.  Still ask her to bring back AC.  Last talk she was in SF.  To anyone reading this who doesn't know, a real smart & wonderful woman who has done a lot for graf.  

• Like 3
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

16 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

I was a long time AC contributor and I still keep in touch w/ Susan, maybe once a year or so now.  Still ask her to bring back AC.  Last talk she was in SF.  To anyone reading this who doesn't know, a real smart & wonderful woman who has done a lot for graf.  

Seconded. Susan is the best. She's part of history. 

I started talking to her and Brett wayyyyyy back when. Susan was still in college in Georgia  and Brett was about to graduate. I haven't spoken to her in a long time, though. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1