The "Your Day in Pies" Photothread (non artistic)

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

From fire to ice.

The drought seems to be breaking here after a couple of years. However, it is breaking with severe fury - again, the climate scientists said that around the 2020s the weather will become more severe ( @Kults ). We'll from drought to violent ice-storms, yep, our climate seems to be turning on a dime!

This is the view from my office, you can usually see across the lake and over a mountain range. We watched the storm come like a wave across the mountains and this is just before it reached our side of the lake:

IMG_8689 (002).JPG

IMG_8690 (002).JPG

IMG_8691 (002).JPG

IMG_8692 (002).JPG

IMG_8694.JPG

Edited by Hua Guofang
  • Props 2

And the damage...., my car is the black one. It's only my commuting car for driving to and from work, the forester was at home under cover. But still, it's no fully insured and the windscreen, lights, mirrors, etc. all have to be replaced. Will likely come to half the price I paid for the thing. I'll just have to drive a car that looks like a fucking golf ball to work now!

Also had to climb up on Mum's roof to patch holes from shattered rood tiles until an actual roofer could come fix the thing. Driving home the roads were lined with people just had all their windows blown out. I reckon it's going to take me at least a month to get my windscreen replaced.

IMG_8693.JPG

IMG_8695.JPG

IMG_8696.JPG

IMG_8697.JPG

IMG_8700.JPG

IMG_8701.JPG

IMG_8702.JPG

IMG_8704.JPG

• Props 3

5 minutes ago, Schnitzel said:

that is hectic. reminds me of the 1999 sydney hailstorm and how for months you'd see cars with garbage bag windows etc.

damn your car got thumped. 

sorry about your mum's house that's unfortunate.

Might move move mine under the carport just in case...

Yeah, totally fuck this summer. I'm over it.

• Truth 2

Not yet, some hospitalisations and I think there were a couple of people hit by lightening as well.

There were a lot of warnings that it was on the way, people's phones were going crazy from their insurance companies to get their cars under cover. It also looked like hell was on the way so most people got under cover. However, as I was driving to my Mum's place straight after the storm, I could see through my shattered windows heaps of cars that had pulled over to the side of the road during the storm that had their windows blown out. So I reckon there's a lot of people in Canberra with badly bruised thighs and lower abdomens. Would have been pretty scary to be trapped in a car with the windows getting shattered and being hit by those things. You would have nowhere to go and the noise would have been deafening. Even in our building you couldn't talk to anyone on the phone because the noise was too loud to hear the person on the other end (I tried to call the wife).

• Props 1