The "Your Day in Pies" Photothread (non artistic)

Pistol

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
7 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Pretty sick @One Man Banned. Probably a question for the off grid thread, but you ever try and distill anything? Been wanting to get into mead making for a while, but reality is I dont need the carbs.

No but would love to in the future.  I like mead but I imagine it takes a lot of honey.  Would be a good idea though once I can start a hive.  Also thought it might be cool to make something like corn whisky.  First though I'd like to just do some simple infusions.

First time I had corn whiskey, or moon shine if its actually a different thing, was in South Carolina. Got invited to a low country boil at a family run motorcross mechanic / shop. There was like 5 generations of the family in attendance and at some point the oldest dude pulled out some mason jars of clear liquid to brag about his ability to distill. He proceeded to pour a bit on the cement floor and lit it with his lighter producing a layer of vibrant blue flame. Then stood back all proud and explained that the blue flame was testament to his ability to distill a good batch. Anyhow, we drank it all and imagine it was about the equivalent of drinking vegetable oil. Super oily and coated my mouth, throat and stomach with a film. But it did fuck us all up really good.

• LOL! 1

Pushed through the bullshit and got to laying down some paints. 

A0397CCB-7672-4D55-A109-876B85217B6B.thumb.jpeg.9d049d7bacd828ef2765afd757d33dd7.jpeg

Met the ol’lady at work for a cloudy ride home.

67EB66A1-5057-433C-9940-F6DA01735A1B.thumb.jpeg.4db0ef99fcddfa19cf7ded50da9ef7d4.jpeg

Caught this g riding wheelies while riding.

Inception. (I really wish I had my point and shoot for that moment😔 but it burned in a fire early summer)  

786AA64A-6115-41FF-B89E-28CDCD942138.thumb.jpeg.36103240a252413c6c7204a498f02d82.jpeg

Random weird beauty.

1153A2B8-6782-46F4-8D8B-364F165C68D8.thumb.jpeg.47ce2313bb553d6d29b5fd72f680d744.jpeg

Chilled out a bit then hit some metal in New Bedford with the old 12oz homie 

@Manute Bol(s/o for the holler. Log tf in my g!)

2FDBCCF0-84CC-43A1-A5BF-B40AB1C591A5.thumb.jpeg.7bb3b54a34d38118b9e9e780aaf8ad5e.jpeg

82F8787A-7C2A-43D4-A94D-C301B8125F83.thumb.jpeg.cf86a01433984f4d051e32ea39a0c469.jpeg

CA86406F-5EAD-49C0-B8A2-20910AD78A79.jpeg

6C1CD291-B1FD-4F12-B331-85AF94407DB7.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

So those last two......I’m still not sure wtfwgo but my guy was basically a cracked out homodungeon version the jock in slc punk.

0FBF4768-D0C5-4879-9E13-AFCA9193EA99.png.4352e0fce2fba1416c7c686eaa525450.png

Anyhow. Mans had on the skin tight machine washed light blue denims with the cowboy boots. Swole up heavy with the fist clench “yeah brO, fuck yeah” hyper attention deficit disorder. Gave me a headache more than standing right next to the pa’s. 

****side note***

i fuckin hate being that doosh bag with their phone out at a show so my rule of thumb is 2/3 quick pictures and MAYBE one 15 second clip taken off to the side.😔

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

22 hours ago, misteraven said:

Pretty sick @One Man Banned. Probably a question for the off grid thread, but you ever try and distill anything? Been wanting to get into mead making for a while, but reality is I dont need the carbs.

So I'm going to be the wanker that pipes up to say "mead isn't distilled, it's fermented, which is a much simpler process".

Also, lo-carb when it comes to booze is a rort. It's the alcohol that is the killer in terms of getting fat, less so the carbs.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

Weird that it would’ve cracked like that. Do you know the cause? At my job we have a few older properties that sat for almost 20 years and the majority of the waste lines out were all cast iron and have split one by one after we got the building occupied. Just replaced part of one with pvc last week.

4 minutes ago, MrSirius2nd said:

Weird that it would’ve cracked like that. Do you know the cause? At my job we have a few older properties that sat for almost 20 years and the majority of the waste lines out were all cast iron and have split one by one after we got the building occupied. Just replaced part of one with pvc last week.

So take it you're a plumber?

My suspicion is that a heavy load during the deep winter when maybe it was brittle. Likely a small crack that led to water leaking that in turn created a small sink hold around the pipe, which then expanded the crack due to a lack of support holding it in place. Other day the drainage just stopped working. Thought I had an obstruction in the main drain line since nothing in the building was draining. Ran a 50ft, then a 75ft snake with no luck. Next guess was the baffle was clogged, so had to dig up the septic to take a look. Got to a point where I could slightly smell it and then noticed moist earth, so figured it out pretty quick. Sucks, but would have been way worse. Thankfully it all happened before winter set in and the earth here is frozen into ice.

Big concern was that maybe the screen printing stuff we were doing killed my system, but doesn't seem to have had any negative impact we can see. Anyhow, its getting pumped today to be safe and have the extra pipe and elbow for thew fix, which I'll do later today. Should be back up and fine in 24 hours.

hosed down the old pipe. hack sawed off the cracked elbow. dried it with a throw away rag. Washed it with an alcohol saturated rag and then applied the PVC primer and glue.

few hours to dry and 20 minutes to bury it all and we're back in business.

sucked but $15 and a little time beast the $1k+ bill I'm sure it would have cost.

IMG_7130.thumb.jpeg.4ad4e56a4163ed21c08f7918de68f47a.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1

11 hours ago, +plus+ said:

Morton I like that Yacht club (guessing here) 

That is the Cleveland US Coast Guard Station, now a park near Whiskey Island at the mouth of the Cuyahoga river. Back when the canal system was in place a person could get on a barge here, traverse the canal to the Ohio river then to the Mississippi river through to New Orleans and the Gulf of Mexico. 

The boats in the foreground are for training, highschoolers and other children only apparently as I went to the website hoping to do some learnin and sailing but will have to look elsewhere. 

• Props 1