NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: NYC Subways - the good stuff

I am not sure who the first was.. The Quik's you mentioned I believe Quik RTW did the cyclops and QUIK KD did the pacifier, Ed MPC did the unhappy smiley face , my boy was crazy..I think he did an end to end of all faces lol...

WOW GOOD QUESTION.... CAN'T FORGET THE 10TH AND KEY THROWUPS IN THE MID EIGHTIES??

WOW GOOD QUESTION.... CAN'T FORGET THE 10TH AND KEY THROWUPS IN THE MID EIGHTIES??

elf used to do those lower case E's with the mean eye, and later the upper case e with the face. quik rtw used to do the dopest faces in his shits. ive seen a few flix of bmt throw up dudes who rocked really nice faces in their throw-ups but i cant remember any names off the dome piece.

jack stewart is a good resource for firsts. he credits tracy with the first character which was snoopy in 1974.

the first non letter throw up...not sure. quik is a good one but im sure someone did it before him. if im not mistaken sach was rocking the lightning bolt during RTW's reign on MTA in the early - mid 80s. sometimes with his letters, sometimes without. id be curious to know that myself. roach and mirage were the ones who did it big with the icons in my day. that dude roach was a beast on the letters. icon graff at its best.

worthy of note also is them MPC faces when they had war with TFO on the numbers. Ed & Odin are the ones i remember most.

CAN'T FORGET THOSE 10TH AND KEY THROWUPS ON THE 2'S AND 5'S MOSTLY................MID 80'S.....85-89....WRITERS DID FACES FOR CERTAIN LETTERS....BUT AS FAR AS NO LETTERS CAN'T FORGET 10TH AND KEY......THEY WERE THERE AS WELL MAYBE BEFORE MOST OF THE MENTIONED ABOVE GOGP YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...AND HOPE ALL IZ WELL WITH YOU....

elf used to do those lower case E's with the mean eye, and later the upper case e with the face. quik rtw used to do the dopest faces in his shits. ive seen a few flix of bmt throw up dudes who rocked really nice faces in their throw-ups but i cant remember any names off the dome piece.

NOT SURE WHO STARTED THE FACES FOR LETTERS IN THERE THROWUPS.....BUT ANYONE OUT THERE REMEMBER ANY OTHER NON LETTER THROWUPS IN THE 70'S OR 80'S OTHER THAN PREVIOUSLY STATED????? NOT TOO MANY OUT THERE.........

DK from the letters used to do them 10-4 floaters, and had quite a few runnin. He was bombing around 1984 or 5. Its probably impossible to say who STARTED the throw up faces, but i think its safe to say Quik RTW made it famous....as far as the icon throw ups, all due respect to Key, but i saw them roaches at least 2 years before i saw one of them Keys, but maybe thats just because im from Brooklyn. I was watchin the IND & BMTs in 1985.Didnt get to the BX to bench until 1987.

DK from the letters used to do them 10-4 floaters, and had quite a few runnin. He was bombing around 1984 or 5. Its probably impossible to say who STARTED the throw up faces, but i think its safe to say Quik RTW made it famous....as far as the icon throw ups, all due respect to Key, but i saw them roaches at least 2 years before i saw one of them Keys, but maybe thats just because im from Brooklyn. I was watchin the IND & BMTs in 1985.Didnt get to the BX to bench until 1987.

NEVER SAID THAT KEY WAS THE 1ST..10TH AND KEY STARTED WITH THERE ICONS IN THE MID EIGHTIES.....JUST WANTED OTHER INPUT FROM OTHER WRITERS ON WHO WAS DOING ICON THROWUPS...THERE WASN'T TOO MANY OUT THERE.THE 10TH AND THE KEYS, ED'S FACES, MIRAGE'S FOOTPRINTS..................................JUST SPEAKING ON THE IRTS................................