NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: NYC Subways - the good stuff

432281467_5d6f310a61_o.jpg

Labrat holding it down.

peep the Bio throws on the roof,lol.

Briz twboys creeping, Boom tmt, Chase, Act2, Bek from bklyn...whew

Durring the end of the era all them joints were just bombed as hell. LadyZone over that same Bio throw.

They should just donate them instead :lol:

08reefB.600.jpg

08reef_large1.jpg08reef_large9.jpg

08reef_large2.jpg

08reef_large10.jpg

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/08/us/08reef.html?_r=2&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

• 1 year later...

This 1979 documentary film focuses on gangs such as the savage skulls & nomads who occupied areas of the South Bronx.

80 Blocks From Tiffany's - 1979

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6331096992189304175&ei=U4i2SMSDGpXiiQLPiqjwDA&q=80+blocks+from+tiffany

Full Documentary, I've not got to see it yet, but heard it was made in the same way to style wars.

Anyway it..

Might bring some memory's back top some of you, that where about during that time in the Bronx.

pZ..

GRAFFITI_KINGS_0.jpg

since i already read the dissertation like 4 times, its hard for me to read this again. However, to see the photos in full color along with all of the commentary is great. the wealth of knowledge to the photos is pretty fucking sick. this book is very important, a must have not just for collectors but for anyone who writes or has a interest in writing. i think ven pointed out already the design is also very slick and clever. as for graffiti books i have never really seen anything like it. the bar has been raised for sure with this shit.

the station is times square. the only IRT that stopped at times square and still had graffiti in 1987 was the 2 & 3. the 1s and 7s were already cleaned by then. i think bad arrow nailed it. also the dire, Joz and even Gem CWK tags are kind of a dead giveaway..