Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

There is a mix of emotions on the NYC Brick Slayers so I figured I would start a new thread for NYC steel.

To preserve history, to educate those that respect the "old school" and just because I feel its the right thing to do. I'll post on here from time to time from my vault but for now here are some stolen or reclaimed photos of graff the way it used to be.....

I'll put up a hundred or so tonight....

432302511_be7e6d2c87.jpg?v=0

432301720_5b0535c590_o.jpg

432301700_6f54da63e5_o.jpg

So fancy subway ah, but also give people brought a lot of the lavatory.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
wasnt the first whole train done on july 4th 1976?

. QUIK ; I do a LOT of reading that come up in some of these interviews in books, and its funny about the Caine 1 train and the Fab 5 x-mas whole train.The FIRST whole train was done by IN! I saw it 1975! double decker floaters silver and red (mostly, then he used black outlines when the red ran out) on 9 cars!!!!! the last car had an IN 't2b "burner" in the middle with 3-d going both left and right! the train whizzed by me at 8am on a monday morning. it must have been 2 or 3 trains, it was on Broadway.....please, It's time for some one to set the record STRAIGHT!

http://subwayoutlaws.com/Throwies/Throwies%2031.htm

. QUIK ; I do a LOT of reading that come up in some of these interviews in books, and its funny about the Caine 1 train and the Fab 5 x-mas whole train.The FIRST whole train was done by IN! I saw it 1975! double decker floaters silver and red (mostly, then he used black outlines when the red ran out) on 9 cars!!!!! the last car had an IN 't2b "burner" in the middle with 3-d going both left and right! the train whizzed by me at 8am on a monday morning. it must have been 2 or 3 trains, it was on Broadway.....please, It's time for some one to set the record STRAIGHT!

inwc2.jpg

inwc3.jpg

Jack Stewart mentions this in his dissertation, not the graffiti kings book which has just a fraction of the text. also that at one point in the mid 70s, IN had a throw up on every car in the system - both sides of every car on every line in every division - at least 10k throw ups running at once. noone did that before or since. if this is true, i would imagine that record could only be held for a couple of days at best as im sure a lot of them were lost quickly due to the buff and other ppl painting over them. eternal props to TOP crew for making the throw up what it is today.

good point Zed but i think Iz The Wiz RIP might have him just on longevity. I envision Iz must have done hundreds of thousands of throwie in his long train writing career.

TOP did start some shit didn't they.

BIG UPS to TOP fo sure fo sure

with all due respect to IN and the TOP crew, in my mind there iz no doubt on the longevity and sheer volume tip, IZ takes it - then and now. to date - whether its freights, walls, subways in europe, whatever, IZ wrote his name on more trains than anyone for longer than anyone. he is THE legend, and all time king. maybe thats just my opinion but i would find it hard to believe anyone in the history of graffiti did as much damage as he did! if you just skim through that nycsubway.org site, IZ appears more than anyone else combined.

• Like 1