Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
desism_ktc

NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

well for someone to do an entire car like that and not throw up a crew or a tag i find to be strange. also if you look at the picture why is that car the only one with the flag on the left side below the train number? i just doesnt look right at first glance, but then again its sure looks nice nonetheless. just not used to seeing graph on the trains again so it looks funny.

anyone no what line and yard that is ?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

J yard ? The photo caption said East NY yard. Looks like the first 3 lines are 4000 series cars and the rest are 8000's, probably a couple different lines stored in there. Much respect to those who continue to keep the art alive on the subways, so much more of a risk now compared to back in the day, cameras everywhere, cell phone heroes, fortress yards, ridiculously harsh penalties and VS tactics, etc. Very much respect to those who continue to rock them !

It's just who has the heart to do them!!! They get hit more then people realize but the smart people just don;t let the pics out into the public so you never know they were done...

Recently saw work done by 180th St. Looked Euro. Seems as they are bringing alot of heart to it.

Couldn't flic it though :mad:

that doesn't look like it was done in a yard though, looks like that was a tunnel action because they didn't go all the way down..just my opinion..props nonetheless..

img_118802.jpg

That makes sense. Damn. That means that this baby had to run to the yard. Imagine being on the platform and seeing this go by. I would think that i was in a time machine.

Think about how long it took whoever did that to do it. It's mad simple. Like 6 or 7 colors. Half hour the most not even maybe. Mega diesel fat caps. That can be done quick. All the other trains behind it are newer trains. That Bleu joint looks like a Z train.

the piece does not look photoshopped, but the second level did for a minute to me..i know the J yard has two levels like that and its just an optical illusion in this flik but i was suspicious at first...definitly dope and real tho. props due

the piece does not look photoshopped, but the second level did for a minute to me..i know the J yard has two levels like that and its just an optical illusion in this flik but i was suspicious at first...definitly dope and real tho. props due

ZED....THIS HAD TO BE DONE IN A LAY-UP..ETC...LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LETTERS IT WAS DONE ON A PLATFORM..IVE DONE A FEW I KNOW WHEN I FLICKED THEM GOING TO THE YARD TO BE CLEANED...ITS EURO THOUGH....STILL PROPS .....ITS NOT EASY ..NOT LIKE THE J 121ST IN 88 I REMEMBER DOING..IF YOU GUYS WERE OUT THERE YOULL BE ON THE SAME PAGE AS ME..

I wasn't around that 121st J station in '88, but definitely was back in '78, and vivdly remember many times climbing the outside of that sketchy gate in order to slip through the small opening above it and get on for free, as everyone did back then. Good old days...

pretty sure there are other photos of it from different angles and at night....

I wasn't around that 121st J station in '88, but definitely was back in '78, and vivdly remember many times climbing the outside of that sketchy gate in order to slip through the small opening above it and get on for free, as everyone did back then. Good old days...

Awesome!

ZED....THIS HAD TO BE DONE IN A LAY-UP..ETC...LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LETTERS IT WAS DONE ON A PLATFORM..IVE DONE A FEW I KNOW WHEN I FLICKED THEM GOING TO THE YARD TO BE CLEANED...ITS EURO THOUGH....STILL PROPS .....ITS NOT EASY ..NOT LIKE THE J 121ST IN 88 I REMEMBER DOING..IF YOU GUYS WERE OUT THERE YOULL BE ON THE SAME PAGE AS ME..

understood - but i was not disputing where it was done. just that the angle of the photo and the second level of the yard looks a little funny - even though it obviously has not been manipulated once you look at it real good. just the angle of the photo makes the second level of the yard look a little funny. nothing at all to do with the piece. i do remember the catwalk @ 121st on the lirr side but even in a layup with a catwalk i have seen piece done to the bottom. 57th had a catwalk but there was enough space to actually sit down and most if not all of the whole cars pulled off in that spot were to the bottom. but my experience in subway layups is not extensive. again, my comment was to the angle of the trains (not the piece) in the yard.

understood - but i was not disputing where it was done. just that the angle of the photo and the second level of the yard looks a little funny - even though it obviously has not been manipulated once you look at it real good. just the angle of the photo makes the second level of the yard look a little funny. nothing at all to do with the piece. i do remember the catwalk @ 121st on the lirr side but even in a layup with a catwalk i have seen piece done to the bottom. 57th had a catwalk but there was enough space to actually sit down and most if not all of the whole cars pulled off in that spot were to the bottom. but my experience in subway layups is not extensive. again, my comment was to the angle of the trains (not the piece) in the yard.

ALL GOOD ZED JUST LETTING PEOPLE UNDERSTAND...NOTHING DIRECTED TOWARDS YA...

Classic throw-ups indeed! I like the message inside Demo's "D" - Nelson Estaba Aqui - lol....... And that Track 2 aka Tekay TNR - forgetaboutit.............................