NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

desism_ktc

This thread pretty much sums up NY graffiti, and American graffiti in general maybe. Why the hell can't you guys move on from the past. This is 2009, not 1979.

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one and thinks that everybody elses stinks.

The great thing about America is that you have that freedom to think what you want, to voice that opinion and have it heard (thanks to places such as these forums).

With that said, all i have to say is:

A simple Thank You would be fine. Appreicate what alot of these cats did back then cause with out it Style Wars or Subway art would not have been made. with out them doing that back then you would probably be into something else, presuming ofcourse your a writer that is.

so on behalf of all the old school train era writers (if i could be so bold)

YOUR WELCOME

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
This thread pretty much sums up NY graffiti, and American graffiti in general maybe. Why the hell can't you guys move on from the past. This is 2009, not 1979.

If there wasn't a past,there would've never been a future.It is 2009,but histroy is history.Without them heads from the past paving the way.Props to all oldschool writers,some of us appreciate what you did.Some of them can still be found on fr8s.Wish more old writers would get into fr8s.

People hate love and appreciation for the past when they seek to make their own mark in the present. Like Hip Hop, Paul C the Marley Marl took the SP12 to new heights, while Pete Rock and the rest took the S900 and SP 1200 to further heights.....these Pro Toolds dudes want to try to diss.

My point....you have to praise what pioneers did with limited resources. Artists of today have so many tols at hand but lack soul. Graff, Hip Hop....Dancin/Breakin.

SPEAK ABOUT LACKING SOUL. THATS WHY THE AMERICANS BRING A COMPETITION TO MELBOURNE FOR 20GRAND! WHERES THE FUCKING SOUL IN THAT! COMMERCIAL ASS SHIT FORGETTING WHAT GRAFFITI IS REALLY ABOUT! ITS NOT A COMPETITION IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE . ITS A COMPETITION IN THE STREET! TO SEE WHO CAN GET UP THE MOST WITH STYLE. NOT ABOUT MAKING 20 GRAND FROM PAINTING A PIECE WITH FIFTY THOUSAND EFFECTS AND EVEN MORE COLOURS

SPEAK ABOUT LACKING SOUL. THATS WHY THE AMERICANS BRING A COMPETITION TO MELBOURNE FOR 20GRAND! WHERES THE FUCKING SOUL IN THAT! COMMERCIAL ASS SHIT FORGETTING WHAT GRAFFITI IS REALLY ABOUT! ITS NOT A COMPETITION IN FRONT OF AN AUDIENCE . ITS A COMPETITION IN THE STREET! TO SEE WHO CAN GET UP THE MOST WITH STYLE. NOT ABOUT MAKING 20 GRAND FROM PAINTING A PIECE WITH FIFTY THOUSAND EFFECTS AND EVEN MORE COLOURS

The people that are painting in that event were HAND PICKED... They did not jump up and down and say hey I wanna compete. They were asked if they wanted to be involved and I don't know anyone that would pass up a chance a 20 stacks and a FREE trip to Australia!!!

And for the record the all Americans in this have done more illegal work in the past year then you have in your whole career!!!

sucks that this thread lost it STICKY status there is mad history in these pages and every once in a while a dope jem pops up.

now i have to search for this shit.

I agree... It sucks that the mods decided to unsticky this because all the other forums have stickied topics, Brick Slayers, The Yard, 3rd rail... just to name a few...If you're gonna clean up this forum why let the other ones rock still?? :confused: