Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
desism_ktc

NYC Subways - the good stuff-Best thread on 12 oz!

iz???NOOOO!!!!! damn!!! that cat was def one of the ones who got me into shit via style wars... man.....damn

My boy texted me in work last night and gave me the bad news ..

Rest In Peace IZ THE WIZ ....

When we get there we want to see those

DONDI IZ Wholecars ...R.I.P.

R.I.P IZ THE WIZ - THE MASTER Blaster!

from @149st

IZ THE WIZ All time all-city king

Aliases: IZZY, CI (CRAZY IZ), IKE 327, CLICK

Started: 1972 Primary affiliations: TMB, POG, TOP, 3YB, TC Local origin: Queens, NY

Main lines: ALL CITY

IZ THE WIZ is without question one of New York City's most prolific writers. IN aka KILL 3 is credited with the most extensive all-city bomb in NYC during 1975 and 76, but IZ was the longest reigning all-city king in NYC history, taking the title many times throughout the 1970s and 1980s.

IZ was well known for his throw-ups in the mid 1970s on the IND and BMT subway divisions. In the late 1970s he broadened his focus by working on top-to-bottoms, burners and scenery whole cars on the presteigious 2 and 5 lines of the IRT subway division. During this period he silmultaneously maintained all-city throw-up king status.

He painted for a variety of top level crews. He has served as president of The Master Blasters and the Queens division of Prisoners Of Graffiti. He has also painted for The Odd Partners, The Crew, The Three Yard Boys and others too numerous to mention. IZ appeared in the documentary film Style Wars and portrayed a transit police detective in the film Wild Style. His work has been displayed in museums and gallerys throughout the world. His most recent exhibition was at the Queens Museum of Art in June 2001.

ike3.jpg

1157984060-82346-fb5d8d8e4d.jpg

Damn, that shot of the N train is killing me, King IZ AND Uncle John 178, such classics !!!

Tribute wall to IZ done at the weekend in London just off Brick Lane (big graff area of london)

izthewiz.jpg

izthewiz2.jpg

Here is the link to a London newspaper running a story on him...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/culture-obituaries/art-obituaries/5614060/Iz-the-Wiz.html

They are going to be running a story in he NY times in the next few days, they called me today getting info and photos to write the story. They are supposed to give me a heads up as to when it will be dropping so when I find out I'll post it up...

• Like 1

Re: NYC Subways - the good stuff

426687083_5ea41e2257_b.jpg

i always thought erni had some wicked styles

My homie, Frankie BONES, creepin...

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now