Team Sleep Problems Official Thread.

Prime Chaos

• 3 months later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Good Morning,

I recently gave medication a try, after the doctor told me to not take Benedryl anymore.

Did not really help so I continue to look for some trick to fall back asleep after getting up to piss.

It seems like something will work like a charm for just long enough to make me think I have solved the issue and then boom, stops working.

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

On 10/21/2023 at 5:02 AM, morton said:

Good Morning,

I recently gave medication a try, after the doctor told me to not take Benedryl anymore.

Did not really help so I continue to look for some trick to fall back asleep after getting up to piss.

It seems like something will work like a charm for just long enough to make me think I have solved the issue and then boom, stops working.

I still use benadryl, ~12.5 mg on occasion when i can feel my anxiety being high before bed, but I cannot praise the power of cbt-I (cognitive behavioral therapy--insomnia) enough. 

It was WORK by all standards, and it takes real discipline,  but I sleep well at least triple compared to my normal over the last decade. I can't remember if I've posted in Herr about it or not.

Also, I think you're married, but sleep-divorce makes a big difference, too. If you have a guest bedroom try it out for a couple weeks. This can be a hard-sell to the wife, but explaining pragmatically that you can be a better partner by miles when you're well rested during the waking hours shouldn't be objectionable. 

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

Anybody have sleep apnea or use a CPAP machine? I don’t use the machine, but many people in my family do. They all rave about how much better their sleep is now.

The only major issues I have had with sleep apnea were during periods when I was drinking whiskey everyday. Shit was absolutely miserable and terrifying waking up every 10 mins gasping for air. Breathing and sleep seemed to improve when the whiskey intake stopped.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LUGR said:

Anybody have sleep apnea or use a CPAP machine? I don’t use the machine, but many people in my family do. They all rave about how much better their sleep is now.

The only major issues I have had with sleep apnea were during periods when I was drinking whiskey everyday. Shit was absolutely miserable and terrifying waking up every 10 mins gasping for air. Breathing and sleep seemed to improve when the whiskey intake stopped.

I have sleep apnea. Need to get a sleep study done so I can get a machine. My dad has sleep apnea. I don't wake up though when I stop breathing. I just kinda kick start back to life and keep gettin it. Doctors say getting this shit in order could also help get my BP down naturally.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

There is a implant for sleep apnea.  I don't know much about it since I sleep well at night but I think it works with some type of Bluetooth enabled butt plug. Never tried it but from what William Schatner said, you got sleep apnea for tue butt plug.  I told him you could've just got the butt plug but he told me it wouldn't be the same. 

• Truth 1

36 minutes ago, ndv said:

There is a implant for sleep apnea.  I don't know much about it since I sleep well at night but I think it works with some type of Bluetooth enabled butt plug. Never tried it but from what William Schatner said, you got sleep apnea for tue butt plug.  I told him you could've just got the butt plug but he told me it wouldn't be the same. 

most definitely would consider having this conversation with your medical professional provider

• Truth 1

This Halloween weekend is going to be a long one. Party on Friday,  8am sharp Saturday to set up my speakers to DJ a wedding at 2pm, so........ when should I take a nap without fucking up anything ? To pull a 24h+ day, a Cuban shot or two, 16oz green tea and an energy drink, not skipping any of the meal times, and alcohol to be in a good mood on the second night is required. 

Mission folks.

• Props 1

From an outsiders perspective, 6 hours for speaker set up seems like enough time to slip away for a cat nap in the truck after some shit is plugged in and before fools are making preemptive macarena requests.

Good Luck N and D in getting an morning workout going, not an easy task to initiate but worth it it I thing.

Heavy duty, fist actually doing the work to solve problems. I am motivated by your example but have such a raunchy attitute about medical care it will may take some time for me to act on it.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I’ve seen anxiety and behavioral meds work very few times. Most of the time, seems like the side effects are just as bad as what they’re supposed to help with, assuming they don’t totally fuck a person up. Whole other thread, but considering all the nasty shit that goes into most foods, as well as every day items from deodorant to laundry soap, coupled with mass manipulation, gas lighting and just straight greed and evil, it’s not surprising why people are so twisted up and hurting. Might be tough to link it definitely to why my sleep patterns suck and anxiety is through the roof, but there’s no doubt in my mind. 

Trying my best to find holistic and homeopathic solutions… Good diet, mindfulness, exercising gratitude and the body itself. Might sound a bit like new age bullshit, but I put far more faith into the fundamentals than an industry that’s run rampant and has proven repeatedly that not only do they not have your best interest in mind, but will do anything and everything to profit off you in any way they can. From government to Big Pharma to the food industry and commercial agriculture to Big Data. All of it is fucked. 

• Truth 1

I agree, I need to work on embracing mindfulness more wholly. 

I'd been anti-med for most of my life (outside of sleep meds) for the same anti-pharma line of reasoning, but shit got real bad the last two years and didn't see another way through.

I was on buspar last year for anxiety, and it was amazing for about two months. I had a clarity I have never known. And then Erectile Dysfunction kicked in. I refuse to live with that, so I quit. 

Trying effexor was a last ditch effort, I think I'm done with meds, I need to get back into therapy...

Ultimately, we aren't evolved to live the way we do. Up to about 1900, any person living could have existed a century prior without too much struggle. Every paradigm we live under is new to our species. Technology,  globalism, plastics, food, etc etc. The heavy majority of the developed world would die in a month if they time traveled back a century.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...