My Computer deleted most of my music??

rocinhajj

Ok I have my iPOD which has ALL of my music on it....How do I get all my music back into my computer? I have over 12.000 song on my 160gig iPOD but on my computer I only have 299 songs...I do not know how this happened, but I am not going to plus my ipod into my computer and lose all my music..

So, anyone have idea how I can put all my music back on my computer???

Any help is apreciated..

Thank you

Rocinhajj

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud

C'mon, Mainter. Help the guy out.

I'd help you, but I don't have an iPod and the last time I tried to help someone out with this issue it didn't go so well.

Guest shai_hulud
shouldn't it put the songs back on the computer/itunes playlist automatically (transferring from the ipod)?

You would think that, but sometimes it's a little more complicated than that.

iPods have this weird tagging system within the firmware that only seems to work with iTunes or a Linux player called Amarok. I hate the port of iTunes for Windows, it's absolute garbage and it wreaks havoc on PCs.

If you transfer the files from the iPod to a PC, sometimes the id3 tags don't quite make it in the process, so you'll end up with all your songs but no titles...just two four digit strings in hex.

This was the problem I ran into with my friend's iPod.

If rocinhajj has a Mac, then all of his problems are solved. Somehow, I don't think this is the case.

Guest shai_hulud

Have you gone to the Apple site?

I really doubt you're going to lose all off your music unless you intentionally erase it.

And, I've only been working with computers for three years. Granted, that's mainly what I do. Don't sell yourself short, everyone has to start somewhere.