Philadelphia anchorwoman arrested for punching a cop in the face

Theo Huxtable.

dm1lane02.jpg

December 17, 2007

Anchorwoman Arrested

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

A television news anchor from Philadelphia was arrested in Manhattan on Sunday after she punched a police officer in the face, the police said.

The anchor, Alycia Lane, hit the officer at West 17th Street and Ninth Avenue about 2 a.m., said the police, who provided no information about what led to the encounter. The officer was treated at a hospital for a cut and she was then released.

Ms. Lane, 35, was arraigned on a felony charge of assaulting a police officer and pleaded not guilty, her lawyer, David Smith, said. She was released.

Ms. Lane “denies striking anyone,” Mr. Smith said.

“We’re confident that after a full investigation of the facts she’ll be cleared,” he said.

Ms. Lane, a Long Island native, is a co-anchor of evening newscasts at KYW-TV, the CBS-owned station in Philadelphia. “We are still trying to sort out exactly what happened,” a spokeswoman for the station said.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I heard they were following an unmarked police car that was moving really slow and blocking traffic. People started arguing and got out of their vehicles and as usual an abuse of power ensued. I'm sure the piggie did everything a normal person is not allowed or supposed to do in a heated situation. I doubt the anchorwoman just punched a cop in the face. The cop probably was getting abusive and letting out some road rage and got a scratch on her face in the process. BitchPiggie went to the hospital for legal purposes, not because she was hurt. If she needed stitches or something I could see but I'm 99.9 percent sure it was only to make it seem like the anchorwoman was the unruly one.