any golfers on the board?

THANKYOU

so, im getting to the point in my job / career where i need to start playing golf. well thats one reason i just went out and got some clubs, but then my dad and my brother also play, and its just one more thing we can all go out and do together, in particular me and my lil bro.

so i just went and dropped a G on some calaway clubs, driver, and a bag, and putter.

picked up a lotto scratch off, won $50.

life is a-okay right now.

holla!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Hell ya. callaway's are good starter clubs unless you got the more forged type. I use cleveland forged steel shafts, there not as forgiving as the cavity backed callaway's but you can get a better fee for the the ball when hit right or wrong.

Shit i am a member of a country club and play as much as i can, but have lagged lately.

Golf is a relaxing sport and great for networking or just catching up with family.

Guest shai_hulud

We used to go buy old clubs at the Salvation Army, then go to the driving range with a case of beer and whale the shit out of balls.

We got kicked out once for running out on the range to grab some more golf balls, and then after that didn't work, we decided to use smashed beer cans instead.

I think someone peed in the bucket the golf balls came in, too.

We never went back.

Tease, you probably mean real golf, right? Never played it before.

I guess its family thing my i grew up playing golf once in awhile with my dad, and i would play off and on once a year but then maybe alot of one summer. But all my boys at work play and its nice to get out there hammer a 12 pack smoke a cigar talk business or just catch up on bullshit knowone fucking with you.

If you never played its hard to appreciate. But to to each his own, i never play tennis and they got that at the club.

I hear what he is saying sometimes you have to start playing in order to get in good with other bosses or work alliances. Golfing is a great way to network as mentioned before. Its like going to the bar for 4-5 hrs but actually competing with 4 other people while getting drunk.

We used to go buy old clubs at the Salvation Army, then go to the driving range with a case of beer and whale the shit out of balls.

We got kicked out once for running out on the range to grab some more golf balls, and then after that didn't work, we decided to use smashed beer cans instead.

I think someone peed in the bucket the golf balls came in, too.

We never went back.

Tease, you probably mean real golf, right? Never played it before.

just about the same reason im banned from the flatbush one in brooklyn

i played golf since i was 8. 10 yrs later when i realized I hated it I stopped playing. I was beating my Dad at 18 holes at that point. Maybe if we took a cart I might have liked it better, but we always walked and that pissed me off, especially in the summer.

i've gone real golfing once, and that was at a city owned 9 hole course.

with beautiful views of a levee and river bed. not quite the kind of establishment poesia posted.

i made fun of golfers before. but me and a couple guys fom work started early so we got off early and decided to hit it up. i came in last but only by 4 strokes. not bad considering it was my first time and i was using their spares. after i did it i can see how people get into it. it was fun to play and talk shit. it would have been better if they had carts. i've wanted to go back but havent so far. although i've beento the driving range a few times. good way to let out some aggression and see how far you can drive 'em. plus i can aim for the dude collecting balls.

I used to golf when I was a teen. It was cool. The cat I went with was always smoking out. I'd be mad all day cause I couldn't smoke. Then I had to pretend I didn't do that shit. Fuck him and his bunk ass weed anyways. Thats what you get when buy if from a park in the hood.

what the hell do you mean you're at the point in your career where you have to play golf?

well i know you probably dont go golfing with your manager or other higher ups when you work at taco bell or wherever you work...

but in my job, you have business meetings with clients, can go golfing with your manager, or other high level important people, such as a regional sales manager etc etc etc.

golf is definitely a corporate world sport you need to know how to play eventually.

taco bell? please, i have worked harder in my life to get where i am than you will ever work.

my mom and dad never put in a good word for me at the company they work for in order to get me out of retail like your parents did for you. oh wait, regional sales manager...

HOMIE YOU'RE IN SALES? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. thats why you're dressed like a used car sales man and proud of it? dog. i make more money than you. i dress better than you. i went out and got mine while you slit your wrists on the internet about not being able to make friends at 25 years old.

im just generally better at life than you are. what do you make dude? 50k a year? OH SHIT! RICH NOW SON!

Archived