no country for old men

shitting

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Never in my movie seeing history have I watched a movie start out completely amazing and turn to a steaming pile of shit.

The movie had so much potential, and the first 1 to 1.5hr was godlike. Then it all comes apart like Britney Spears' career.

the characters had very little connection to each other. the primary guy in the movie, the vietnam vet, had such a good story building around him only to fucking off him without showing any details

and how many anonymous mexicans can they possibly put in the movie?

I saw it the other night.

I think it is my new favorite movie.

Definitely the best movie I have seen in a few years.

I have to see it again though.

Because the ending was blurry.

Due to chugging 3 Sparks in about 20 minutes before the movie.

Then splitting a bucket of beers with the dude during the movie.

Next time I need to go to a theater that doesn't serve beer.

Because I have no self-control.

It was radical though.

And if there is one thing I am most excellent at, it's knowing what is and what isn't totally radical.

mccarthy is one of my favorite authors

i never saw "all the pretty horses" because i heard it got turned into a real sensitive type film, which as a book it is not. the whole border trilogy was outstanding.

as far as this movie goes, it was a very accurate adaptation, but the things that made it an oustanding book, didn't come across in the movie.

ie. ed tom's dialogue between each chapter; most is lost, and that was some of my favorite stuff. the shootout w/ the mexicans in town (hotel #2) was very different.

as far as being unhappy w/ the ending: the book is a little different in the layout, the movie left out what i thought was pretty key dialogue towards wrapping the story up. i thought it was decent, but not incredible, as always, book>movie.

i totally agree with you about the border trilogy. its an amazing series. 'all the pretty horses' film wasnt so bad. its a movie of a book - there are bad 8 out 10 times. you shouldnt def see it though. its interesting to see some images, hear the great dialogue mccarthy is known for.

blood meridian is an excellent book too. check it out.

as for 'no country," an absolute amazing film. im a big javier bardem film and what a great role he played. i hope this helps him out in this country and leads to bigger hollywood films for him. im sure he gets offers, since outside of this country he is generally well known already as a great actor.

I thought it was quite decent. Wasn't all "shoot-em up" and the events were the most realistic of any drug money movie i've seen, none of the fairytale bull that gets put out, something that added to the experience. Could have been executed a little better, but I was satisfied with the money spent to watch it. And I really liked the look of the main protagonist, don't know his name and don't really want to, it will probably take away from the character in the movie, as he was really cool to look at/nohomo, he was just rather sadistic. :huh:

ap_no_country_071210_ms.jpg

Coen Brothers fan.

Couldn't wait to see this movie, had to barter a chick flick with my lady to get her to go.

It was just ok. Extremely well acted, cinematography was awesome, but at times it was very boring.

I have a hatred for Tommy Lee Jones that stems back to The Fugitive. This movie changed my opinion on him, but I gotta say I was a little disapointed with the movie, and definitely the ending.

as far as hating tommy lee, i can understand that, i got over it after seeing "The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada"

that movie was very mccarthy-esque as far as events go. very good movie.

to blood meridian--that is the only book i've ever read, and given away. the writing is amazing. the story horrific. to a degree that i didn't really want it in my library. there were a few times during the book where i set it down for a few days because i wasn't sure i wanted to finish it.

one of his more recent books THE ROAD was awesome. i think its been his most accessible work yet. I'm going to read SUTTREE over xmas leave... i guess its somewhere between faulkner and twain, and full of quality mccarthy dialogue, pretty excited...

This movie and There Will be Blood are my two currently can't-wait-to-watch films. They both look insanely good.

YES! I saw the trailer for there will be blood when i went to see no country for old men (awesome movie)...when the trailer ended there was this "holy shit" kind of feeling in the theater and dead silence. i cant imagine how good that movie is going to be.

in other movie news i watched death proof again last night while destroying a bottle of vox. it was really fucking fun.