Glow in the Dark Cats Cloned in South Korea

Pistol

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/screwing-with-nature/glow+in+the+dark-cats-could-make-for-a-unique-home-lighting-solution-333252.php

glow-in-the-dark-cats.JPG

Scientists at the Gyeongsang National University in South Korea have cloned cats that have the ability to glow-in-the dark when exposed to ultraviolet light. By inserting a virus into the skin cells of a mother cat and placing those contaminated cells into the womb, scientists were able to prove that it was possible to clone an animal with a manipulated gene. Apparently, this development could allow for a better understanding of human genetic diseases in the future. But what about the benefits of glowing cats?

If you ask me, cats that could truly glow-in-the-dark would make for an unique and styilsh night-light. And, much like the new Litrospheres, they last for about 12 years. The only downside is that the latter requires no power source while cats require a steady diet. Still, the crazy cat lady down the street could have the most power efficient house in town.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Good thing cats can't read, because those are some harsh words right there.

I am sure anyone on here could have called this...but I want some of these cats.

Some.

Half a dozen or so.

I predict a new trend in the rave scene.

Kids oontzing the night away with kitten accessories.

Kittens don't typically enjoy dancing.

At least, not the ones I have met.

Guest shai_hulud

I was just going to throw a

simpsons-the-doh-4900579.jpg

in there, but Pistol actually deserves some respect. So, the link.

Indeed you are right, VAJ. It is ALL in the title.

If I didn't already live with a Jack Russell terrier (which see cats as nothing more than a quick yet challenging snack), I'd love to live with a kitty friend.

Five bars= I need a real job. It would be nice. I like what I do and all but I've gained ten pounds and I am developing a bad case of the cabin fever.

Guest shai_hulud
Why doesn't it surprise me that you have a jack russell terrier?

Because they're cute and annoying at the same time? It's not my dog, it's my roommate's dog.