charity

Frate_Raper

any one donate? I’ve been saying all year I was going to sponsor a whole family, and after reading about some of the horrible shit people have had done to them on this local site I did it. I paid for these people have a whole christmas meal, toys the whole thing. I still might go buy some toys and give them to Chum, they hook it up with the poor out here!

If you got some cash lying around try to help someone else down on their luck.

I know alot of people suck and bring it on themeless but that shouldn’t matter to kids, some of us know what its like not to have christmas don’t let that shit happen to another kid!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i NEVER donate to charity...

and the reason is because, i dont know where that money is going..

i know some poor ass people...

helping them around christmas time or not is my donation..

these BIG companies like united way and red cross are HUUUGE corporations...

you never know were that money goes..

do you know how much RED CROSS profited off Katrina??????? ..

my suggestions to you is to find some people in need on your own and hook them up for christmas...its was more rewarding

I did this through a chruch, I'm not even a member just looked into it.

I used to give to Salvation Army, then one time I went in to help give shit to the people in need, I SEE MY BOYS MOM GETTING SHIT. His family had tons of cash his dad owned a series of roofing companies and shes ripping these people off for toys. Now I pick where my shits going!

I did this through a chruch, I'm not even a member just looked into it.

I used to give to Salvation Army, then one time I went in to help give shit to the people in need, I SEE MY BOYS MOM GETTING SHIT. His family had tons of cash his dad owned a series of roofing companies and shes ripping these people off for toys. Now I pick where my shits going!

exactly!

like the salvation army stands in front of grocery stores ringing that bell..

i NEVER give money to them..

You should definitely research the charity that you give to. I remember watching this program about how those run/walk things and the like are kind of ass backwards. As far as the overhead needed to put those things on when it would be better to give directly, but people wanna a feel a sense of attachment and accomplishment. No one wants their money going somewhere it doesn't belong.

i used to do thanksgiving and christmas dinner at a local church for the homeless for quite a few years... it was way gratifying even though i never really got to see any of them, i would just set up everything and cook the food. it still felt good though, i dont know why i stopped though

I have donated to a few things the past year. I donated to an Autism charity on the behalf of a friend who teaches special education kids. She was doing a walk of some sort for the cause. I was also in a couple art shows where some of the money from the sold work went to a battered women's shelter (I think) in that city.

This is the first year I donated anything. It was not anything that large, but it was still a little something to help out.

When donating, make sure the group's are public non-profit. Many donation organizations use donated funds to pay employees, rather than volunteers, as well as use the money for other things.

obviously i donate to animal rescue groups and to sf aids foundation. don't forget to save the receipts, tax deductable you know?! for xmas this year im making my employees donate money to charity instead of gifts.

I would do that suki, but the guys working for me are the guys that abuse social assistance programs such as food banks!

islamic relief

save the children

are 2 very good charity sites, they do help, trust me, if they steal the money, which will mean that they cant do all they do, will only hurt themselves. you did your part, youll get it back multiplied.

if you know poor people help them directly, that is charity.

people who travel the land on foot, sort of like nomads, deserve charity.

bums....watch out, you could be buying someone's crack rock. get to know them.