Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Knives

DM!

• 1 month later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
I lurk this thread a lot, thought i'd finally put up a few of mine. these are most of my worthwhile knives and a couple junk ones that were gifts or too cheap to pass up.

IMG_3851.jpg

There it is, Cold Steel SRK, my knife of choice. I've put mine through some serious shit and it's loved it. Heaps of guys used to get the Cold Steel Tanto, christ knows why the blade shape was useless for anything other than looking Japanese. Useless for broad slices, skinning and just about anything really.

6719929001_9f2f622ec7_z.jpg

srk by jiangtaixi, on Flickr

The Schrade Powertool was a pretty good buy as well. I've had both items for approx 15 years and whilst they have scars their utility is still 100%. I like the Schrade as the handle doesn't hurt your hand or pinch like the earlier model LEathermans and other choices and best of all you can squeeze the pliers as hard as you can and you won't damage or bend the tool.

Both were bought for utility purposes rather than carrying on the streets. Both tools were money very well spent.

hell yeah.

i love mine.

i don't use multi tools enough to be picky about them, if i need tools i just go get my toolbox... but i've actually had a good experience with my gerber multi tools. i have the the diesel, suspension, and the mp600 DET.

the suspension is nice because it was only 30 w/ a sheath and i've carried it for 4 years of army field problems and haven't broken it (and surprisingly haven't lost it).

• 1 month later...

03548047.jpg

Picked up these khukiris last year. Blade length is about 8 inches. Nice balance, especially when switching from standard to reverse grip...nice weight to them, and solid pommel. The longer machete is US Army issue 1949, the shorter bolo is Brazilian made. Picked up both of those at an old folks home tag sale. Old people have weird shit. Guy had an Army issue hatchet too, but didn't have enough loot to pick it up. Searching for a 15 inch khukiri pair, kinda like the ones Milla Jovovich had in Resident Evil.

Also searching for straight razors with wooden handles...those things are the shit, even if I can't carry them around.

• 2 weeks later...

Right now I'm pretty consistent at throwing a 9 in knife from 3 yards with a blade grip. I havent been able to succesfully throw from the handle or different distance. I'm not quite sure how to adjust either of those. I just keep inching forward and back but I'm never consistent. Is there anything else I can do to add variety to my throwing?

Movies 2011

Right now I'm pretty consistent at throwing a 9 in knife from 3 yards with a blade grip. I havent been able to succesfully throw from the handle or different distance. I'm not quite sure how to adjust either of those. I just keep inching forward and back but I'm never consistent. Is there anything else I can do to add variety to my throwing?

• 3 weeks later...

Also searching for straight razors with wooden handles...those things are the shit, even if I can't carry them around.

there are a bunch of websites out there that can make custom scales for your straight razor out of any kind of wood you want....i would get them made from cocobolo wood if i were you:

DOVO%20STRAIGHT%20RAZOR%20COCOBOLO%20WOOD%205851.png

^and its a dovo from solingen, germany too...so its a good blade.

they make scales (handles) out of anything...ive even seen some websites that sell straight razors with scales made from 40,000 year old mammoth tusks.

^Ya, I can feel how the liner lock on the Blur would not hold up to much abuse. But that's fine for me right now. My Leek has a frame lock on it and feels much more solid when the frame lock is popped fully under the blade. I have not heard this mentioned before regarding the Leeks (and possibly other frame locking Kershaws) but after the blade is deployed, the frame lock is only half way supporting the blade. But you can pop the lock fully under the blade with your finger for total support. When this is done the Leek feels much more solid. This could be mentioned in the Leek's manual but I didn't look at any of that. Have to wait and see about the Blur, feels great so far, lightening fast opening but wish I could have found the one below with the frame locking system:

DSCF0008.JPG

Have heard Kershaw has great customer service and often fully replace their knives, so not too worried about any problems.

How much was it?^^ also is kershaw better than spiderco? Don't know shit about knives but need one for edc. Something like the one you won with serrated section would be dope.

spiderco>kershaw

by far.

i have never met a spiderco i didn't like or atleast appreciate, and have heard of very few problems with them.

the thing w/ ebay knife auctions is to watch them for a week (watch the same knives ending on different days) and get a feel for them, the big sellers usually have 2 or 3 day intervals between them and you can see the flow of the price.

i had to quit following knives because even though you can get screaming deals its still a ton of money after the first 5 knives.

• Like 1