Knives

DM!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Here is a few from the small collection i have amassed:

I got this knife from my mother in law:

2013-06-22224730.jpg

Up close on the date:

2013-06-22224816.jpg

From my pops, who is a VN Vet respectfully:

2013-06-22224845.jpg

Up Close Image:

2013-06-22224908.jpg

Father's Day Gift from Wifey: Benchmade--

2013-06-22224933.jpg

I have lurked in here for a bit but appreciate the wide range around here. I have some more and hopefully can contribute again...

• Like 1

thanks for sharing

I'd love to know more about that Walter Duckson knife, what does it say underneath 1937? looks like a made-in designator? mop beiersdorf xxx gb?

it looks like a nazi stabbing knife...

it does look like a german bayonet...the ones ive seen in person (and the ones online) have had a swastika on them, and since it was made in 1937, it would be prior to world war 2 (but still under nazi rule).

maybe it was a knife made for civilians since it was prior to the war.

im interested in knowing a bit more about it as well.

thanks for sharing!

oh, and by the way, the name is Walter Ducksch not Duckson.

Ah, thanks Cali. That makes quite a difference, and makes much more sense.

http://www.snyderstreasures.com/pages/germanbayonets.htm

this site has a similar ducksch knife that they're calling a 'pre war police dagger'

yeah, i googled ducksch too and found the same website.

it was just taking forever to load and was making my computer lag :(

there are a lot of replica nazi daggers, medallions, and pins...some websites try to pass these off to collectors as a scam.

theres an antique shop i go to here in town that has an entire section dedicated to nazi pins and various daggers and knives from different wars...i wish i could take pictures and post them here, because there is some pretty cool stuff there every time i go, but pictures in the store aren't allowed and they have tons of security cameras and employees walking the store making sure nobody steals or takes flicks.

yeah, i googled ducksch too and found the same website.

it was just taking forever to load and was making my computer lag :(

there are a lot of replica nazi daggers, medallions, and pins...some websites try to pass these off to collectors as a scam.

theres an antique shop i go to here in town that has an entire section dedicated to nazi pins and various daggers and knives from different wars...i wish i could take pictures and post them here, because there is some pretty cool stuff there every time i go, but pictures in the store aren't allowed and they have tons of security cameras and employees walking the store making sure nobody steals or takes flicks.

Thanks for the feedback fellas, the Ducksch is an interesting knife, and I know more about it now than I ever did. It's about a sixteen inch knife including the handle. There are some numbers stamped on the blade, though I do not know what they mean. One side says 254, and the other says 41 fze with a little symbol underneath that looks kind of like a music note. There is also something stamped into the back of the leather on the sheath though it's very unreadable. Looks like it says P186 I. Under the 1937 it looks like it says NGR PETERSDORF YRSGB. Not sure what any of it means though.

You guys have definitely got me curious about though.

I also have a knife from the Franklin Mint that was passed down to me. It's got a 4" blade, folding, and the head of the handle has a bald eagle carved into it. See if I can get a picture up.

• Like 1

here is a link that tells us a little bit about the maker:

http://adressbuecher.genealogy.net/entry/show/675966

Petersdorf is in Germany....about 4 hours away from solingen, germany where a lot of blades/knives were produced for WW2 and still to this day. (Petersdorf is a municipality in the district of Aichach-Friedberg in Bavaria in Germany.)

under the link i sent, it says that Ducksch was a "kaufmann" which means "businessman" in german.

A friend of mine has a a bunch of rad nazi stuff. the coolest being an SS officer parade sword with full regalia. He's not even racist, just comes across cool stuff....

yeah, im not racist at all either, but i just like knowing the history of things....really old things...thats why i watch shows like antique roadshow and pawn stars on tv...lol.

last time i went to the antique store (about a month ago), i saw a nazi pin they used to give out to German women when they had a certain number of babies.

so if you had 3 aryan kids, you'd get a pin....4 aryan kids, you'd get a nicer pin, and so on....the more kids you'd have, the nicer the pin would be...this was a way to promote increasing birth rate among aryan men and women...through nationalism.

see the 2 pictures under "Mother's Cross (Mutterkreuz)" at this link:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/mementoes.htm

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bought a cheap Cold Steel machete from an army surplus store today

Broker her in real proper reclaiming an over grown spot I found

Didn't get a before pic

IMG_20130728_191205.jpg

20130728_170055.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

@6Pennies you should jump in and post that unicorn I’ve seen you post up on the gram.

That said, feels good to be able to EDC a Benchmade folder and not get worried about being arrested like back in NYC where the laws are so loosely written a nail clipper can be interpreted as a weapon if a cop wanted to be a dick. Also amazing how often I pull my knife out every day for usual mundane tasks. Tempted to get a fixed blade for EDC with how often I’m actually using my knife.

• 1 month later...