Knives

DM!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Yeah, I meant any of their knives. They got a ton of shit for taking money and sitting on it for 12 - 18+ months at a time. Not sure they were sketchy, just seemed like they were poorly organized and demand far exceeded what they could supply. 

Thing looks so mean man. Would love to get one. Assume it was pretty big money?

45 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Yeah, I meant any of their knives. They got a ton of shit for taking money and sitting on it for 12 - 18+ months at a time. Not sure they were sketchy, just seemed like they were poorly organized and demand far exceeded what they could supply. 

Thing looks so mean man. Would love to get one. Assume it was pretty big money?

Yep, just got caught up on their drama.  Mine took 6 months, then I quit paying attn to them after delivery.  Looks like one of the partners left, and they couldn't keep up with orders.   I think $425, if I remember correctly.  I said to myself: This damn thing is a Glock.

• Props 1

Cold Steel Voyager AUS-8A 4” blade. I haven’t carried it in awhile but put it through a lot when I had a need for a larger EDC. Only downside was touching up the edge often. Available in better blade material now.

682E063A-D650-4AE6-B525-478BE70922BF.jpeg

BE33A11D-64D6-429C-A6AD-B6729F536565.jpeg

• Like 2

Those look clean. Almost a little too slick for my tastes. Though I'm not going to say I have all kinds of blood and shit on my hands when I'm using my knife, it also wouldn't be totally unrealistic. Definitely sweat and grime and other shit as well, so like my guns, I'd like something double extra grippy. Also, more looking for a fixed blade right now.

Does look sexy though.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/27/2018 at 4:36 AM, Hua Guofang said:

Hand made by my grandfather god knows how many moons ago. I’d guess the blade is stainless steel and the handle is aluminium. One of many handmade tools he passed on to me that I cherish. 

4A3585B4-CB1B-4DAE-8400-D998B74F674B.jpeg

Damn dude, looks like some vietnam survival shit right there... Dope!

Still wishing I could find (and afford) a nice fixed blade that also has a really good and low key kydex sheath. Need an EDC fixed blade for out here. Something sizable but still low key. Though nobody out here cares, rather not be strutting around on some crocodile dundee tip.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Looking for a suggestion for an EDC knife 3"-4" blade foldable. I am trying to keep it under a hundred since knives are still somewhat illegal in chicago.

I had one similar to the Kershaw Eris but it ended up getting confiscated because I forgot to remove it before a show. I had it for 5 years and it need sharpening so it wasnt a huge loss.

Not a fan of tanto and especially combo edge tanto blades. I agree with what @Hua Guofangsaid years ago, probably under a different name about sacrificing the length of the cutting edge and belly of your blade for stabbing power. Interested to hear why y’all prefer tantos for EDC@misteraven@KILZ FILLZ.

@mn1_fuckosI recommend the Spyderco Endura full flat ground model or the Ontario RAT 1. I would try the D2 steel model instead of the AUS8 model RAT 1. Only downside to the RAT 1 is the weight. But, the quality of knife you get for the low price makes up for the extra weight in your pocket. The weight never bothered me when I carried my AUS8 RAT 1, sharpening AUS8 steel after heavy use did.

• Like 1

@LUGRI didn't notice any change in my use with the tanto. Neither anything better or worse. I carry a Victor nox spartan now. What I really liked about that CRKT KISS was its a good size to use as a card holder/money clip so I was able to check two "pocket item" boxes with one thing, kinda, if that makes sense. 

CR5520Kb.jpg

f4dd686516389b18e8ffbf1c11831bbe.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, delv said:

2020, world is on fire and I'd like a knife to help me around the house and for odd jobs. Foldable and sturdy. Not too pricey and able to be sent to Australia. 

What's the current go to utilitarian knife?

I carry a Spyderco delica which has worked pretty well for me and generally gets good reviews 

• Props 1

2 hours ago, delv said:

Cheers.

Would you suggest a standalone knife over a multi-tool for general carrying/purposes?

yeah i think so, while a multitool has a knife on it, its not going to be as good as a standalone knife. for me personally i would prefer to carry a folding knife over a multitool if i could just have one as i think it is a more simple tool so less things to go wrong as well as being smaller and lighter overall. nothing wrong with carrying both either though. 

• 4 weeks later...