bush + oil + war = convenient?

patrickjilbert

without giving a crap as to what you guys are all heated about- and without trying to look smarter than anyone- I would like to say that long before GW obtained his position of power I had the most convincing belief that the U.S. would undoubtedly come into conflict with another power leading to many unecessary deaths and then sending my friend in the ARMY thosands of miles away. Besides my stupidity for thinking the ARMY band would ever have to fight- the fact that my very basic instincts were right does not comfort me because that means I understood for a second how some faceless entity; that is, whatever caused these disrespectfully tragic chain of events to occur, sees fit to affect things- and to not know much of anything else about that very causer of tragedy- to not know if it truly exists- is even more discomforting. Now, did anyone have a point?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by TheStupidToy

The world wont change.... read the bible.... everything is coming true!!! And if my calculations are correct.... we can expect to see the 2nd coming within 50 years..... scary shit..... very scary

Fuck you.

Originally posted by JELO_016

I HOPE TO SEE LESS FIGHTING AMUNGST OURSELFS AND MORE REAL DEBATES. WHO CARES HOW SOMEONE SPELLS. WHY IS EVERYONE LOOKIN TO DANIAL WEBSTER LIKE HE IS SOME KIND OF GOD AND HIS SAY ON A WORD IS WHAT IT IS. COME ON GROW UP FOLKS. SMART, TOY... YOU BOTH HAVE ALOT OF ANGER BUILT UP INSIDE OF YOU AS DO WE ALL. LETS TRY TO USE IT TO CHANGE THE WORLD THAT THE GENERATIONS BEFORE US DESTROYED. SO WE CAN TELL OUR CHILDREN AND OUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN THAT WE AS THE PEOPLE MADE A DIFFERENCE. AND PUT THE PAST BEHIND US AND MAKE A MOVE FORWARD. LETS USE OUR KNOWLEGE TO EDUCATE OUR CHILDREN INSTED OF RELYING ON THE FACTORIES/BABYSITERS THAT WE CALL SCHOOLS TO BUILD AND FINE TUNE ANOTHER WORKER FOR THE PLANT. FUCK THAT SHIT... I DONT EVER WAN TO FACE THAT DREADED DAY WHEN I REALISE THAT I COULD HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE FOR OUR CHILDREN, BUT I WAS TO LAZY OR I RELIED ON SOMEONE ELSE TO DO IT, OR I WAS FIGHTING WITH SOMEONE, OR SLAVING FOR SOME ONE ELSE TO GET RICH WHILE I JUST MAKE ENDS MEAT... THE LIST GOES ON....

POWER TO THE PEOPLE... AND ALL OF THE PEOPLE

Finally some reason, we can spout facts all day, but what to do. Well you have it right here. The problem with our society, is that there is this thing called capitalism, which isn't bad in and of itself, but when it's not controlled by right minded (no not RIGHT minded) people, it gets ugly. By this I mean to say we have these things called corporations, they are big money theiving, faceless bastards: if they need something, they take it, if they are getting shut out of markets, they make it. They don't know right from wrong, and do what suits them, unfortunate but true. Now, growing upon themselves as the have in this period of wealth and blindness they are content. They are inclined to keep growing and making more money, giving more and more money to people and polititians who will keep them safe in thier swindle, and who can't see long term effects of their actions. They are content now, they are ALIVE. Will they continue to lead us in the darkness, or will we turn on the light, find them out, and make them pay, who knows? I want everyone to ask themselves the question, WHAT IS IT YOU REALLY NEED, and who or what will provide it?

If you say that this war isn't about oil your mother fucking one hundred percent dead wrong. What is Osama pissed about, why did he take action? He took action b-e-c-a-u-s-e we are giving weaponry to the Saudis and Israelis, for what, you guessed it oil. That's a bit simplistic, but hey, we're not bombing fucking -------- (insert terrorist organization here). Why? Because they are not jeopardizing our, you guessed it again, smart mother-fucker, OIL. We are also justified by the Saudis (not publically, but politically) for our actions, do you think we'd be in a war in the middle east (sphere of influence) without the m-f Saudi goverment's blessing, HELL NAH.

Check out this website all you Arafat haters. Got all that and mo. I'm aus.

www.foriegnpolicy-infocus.org

no dude, you are 100% dead wrong.

We gave Osama and the Afghans weapons all through the 70's and 80'sand they were nothing but enthusiastic. We pay CA$H for oil. You can try to justify some stupid circle whereby Boeing or McDoug sells the Saudis weaponry and the Saudis pay McD, who thereby pay taxes... that's about as close as your capitalism argument comes...

the fact is Osama got mad because the U.S. has MILITARY BASES in Saudi Arabia and other muslim countries... Again I'll say, this isn't about oil. There wasn't any conspiracy. This 'war' is a direct and undeniable consequence of the events on 9/11. PERIOD!

If I piss on your front lawn everyday and you are too scared to stop me, or willing to ignore me until one day I kill your dog... you're not going to be all mad about me pissing on your geraniums, you're gonna want to know about the dog...

this thing called capitalism puts shoes on your feet and food in your mouth. Corporations produce said food and shoes. If you could make shoes or were a farmer I would take you alot more seriously. Hell, even if you owned your own business...

Originally posted by JELO_016

AND AS FAR AS THE "I AM A BLACK GUY", STATEMENT GOES THATS SOME IGNORANT SHIT. IT WAS OUR FELLOW BLACK MAN THAT SOLD OUR FELLOW AFRICANS TO THE RICH PLANTATION OWNERS OF THE SOUTH AS SLAVES. AND WHY DON'T YOU GET MAD NOW WHILE THE SAME THING IS HAPPENING RIGHT UNDER OUR NOSES WHY ARN'T YOU OUT HITTEN COPS, POLITICIANS AND NEWS STATIONS THE ONES THAT SELL YOUR AND MY ASS TO THE INSTITUTIONS OF THE STATE AS SLAVES.

no, nobody makes you go to jail. A jail term is based on your own misdeeds, you can claim the cops are at fault all you want but YOU fucked up. You get YOURSELF into the system. If you don't break laws you don't have to sweat jail right?

but, basically, you just missed my point an restated my own argument so I guess we agree about something....

How can you try and tell us that your smart and were not? Because thats exactly what your country tries to tell other countries..... that they are THE BEST..... well..... your not, and I have proof that your military is scared because I have talked to army members who were shitting themselves when that plane went down in China..... remember, the Chinese outnumber american soldiers 7-1...... that means that for every 7 soldiers the states could manage to kill..... they would really have only killed one compared to themselves...... so good luck..... get used to chinese food......

Ok buddy. I know your not serious.

Let's see China using 30 year old tanks and old AK-47's that have already been through wars or the US with state of the art technology??hmm. The reason many people were scared was that at the time China and the US were not at war. Our plane goes down and China decides they wanna hold our people and the plane. No one knew what China was trying to do. Were they gonna try to make an example?Were they gonna use this as an excuse to start some type of conflict? They were holding people in a state of peace...

So, in your opinion, it's ok that McD and Boeing and Lockheed and whoever sell these weapons to people who will in turn use them to quell muslims who feel differently than they do? I don't really think that the two paragraphs I typed were correlated enough to draw the conclusion that the first abstract portrait, and second simplistic view of current events were meant to be taken as a single argument. I meant only to add my opinion of what we are dealing with. Remember 12/3/84? If I had all the time in the world, I would have made two seperate arguments, in the second one I would have quoted your past post. Sorry, you misunderstood and it may have been my fault, or both of us. But, as far as giving weapons to the Afgans, well, we saw where that got us, didn't we. And I'm not going to respond to the third and forth paragraphs, I have no idea what you're getting at, so i'm not going to comment. Because you're what you can use this argument?

Originally posted by Smart

no dude, you are 100% dead wrong.

We gave Osama and the Afghans weapons all through the 70's and 80'sand they were nothing but enthusiastic. We pay CA$H for oil. You can try to justify some stupid circle whereby Boeing or McDoug sells the Saudis weaponry and the Saudis pay McD, who thereby pay taxes... that's about as close as your capitalism argument comes...

the fact is Osama got mad because the U.S. has MILITARY BASES in Saudi Arabia and other muslim countries... Again I'll say, this isn't about oil. There wasn't any conspiracy. This 'war' is a direct and undeniable consequence of the events on 9/11. PERIOD!

If I piss on your front lawn everyday and you are too scared to stop me, or willing to ignore me until one day I kill your dog... you're not going to be all mad about me pissing on your geraniums, you're gonna want to know about the dog...

this thing called capitalism puts shoes on your feet and food in your mouth. Corporations produce said food and shoes. If you could make shoes or were a farmer I would take you alot more seriously. Hell, even if you owned your own business...

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by 23578

Look at what happened to your pops, he had a 90% rating too when he was bombing the shit out of Iraq for them fucking with our oil, and look what happened to him, look what happened to him

Yeah, he's collecting paychecks and stock options in some of the wealthiest companies money can buy -- sucks for him!

Originally posted by Smart

no, nobody makes you go to jail. A jail term is based on your own misdeeds, you can claim the cops are at fault all you want but YOU fucked up. You get YOURSELF into the system. If you don't break laws you don't have to sweat jail right?

Absolutely, but I think what JELO was getting at is the way the prison system works -- increasingly tougher crime laws and hundreds of new prisons built in a nation where crime has been declining since the 80's.

It's as though we are expected and needed in those jails for the industry to stay afloat.

--Just a thought, not trying to heat up a debate.

Archived