The 27th Anniversary Of The Murder Of John Lennon

the_gooch

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud

I think you're both right for different reasons.

I don't care much for hippies who want the world to be a peaceful place so they can smoke ganja without someone harshing their mellow, man.

I like hippies who go out and start riots at Klan rallies and spike trees and block commercial whaling boats. I especially like the ones who get hurt or die trying in the process.

That's the kind of shit that you can do that will make the world a better place. Talking about peace doesn't make it happen. Doing something about it does.

If you aren't living life as if every day would be your last, then you aren't really living,

1. the fact that you type in all caps gives me a fuckin headache.

2. i understand that this is a forum, thanks for pointing out the obvious.

3. i'm glad you feel compelled to express your opinion about my, or any other thread.

3. you "telling it like it is" is only you telling it as you see it, it's not REALLY the way it is.

4. i live my life the same way kid, but it doesn't mean i'm gonna sit on my ass and cry about people who tried to make a difference in this world because i don't ageee about how they handled their shit. Because if that was the case, I would be like you, and if this really was the last day of my life, boy what a waste of a day it would be.

5. Realist IS in fact a word:

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861700797/realist.html

seems like you should get a dictionary and learn some new words before your last day really creeps up on you.

DUH, ME TELLING SOMEONE LIKE IT IS, IS OF COURSE THE WAY I SEE IT-HERE LET ME USE YOU AGAIN- "thanks for pointing out the obvious".

WHEN DID I SAY I GONNA SIT AROUND AND CRY ABOUT PEEPS WHO TRIED TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND DIDNT GO ABOUT THE WAY I WOULD OF. YOU ARE A GOOD WORD TWISTER. WHAT THE FUCK IS MY OPINION GOING TO DO FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO TRIED TO MAKE DIFFERENCES, THEY ARE GOING TO DO THINGS THEIR WAY NO MATTER OTHERS SAY.

SON, YOU COULD NEVER FILL MY BOOTS, AS MUCH AS PROBABLY COULDNT FILL YOUR REEF THONGS.

TRY ALL YOU WANT TO PAINT ME IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT AS AN APATHETIC PERSON. BUT LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION AND I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT (AGREE TO DISAGREE).

DO YOU SPEND YOUR DAYS FIGHTING FOR JUSTICE AGAINST TRYANTS AND THE APATHETIC PEOPLE OF THIS NATION?

PLEASE TELL ME.

I think you're both right for different reasons.

I don't care much for hippies who want the world to be a peaceful place so they can smoke ganja without someone harshing their mellow, man.

I like hippies who go out and start riots at Klan rallies and spike trees and block commercial whaling boats. I especially like the ones who get hurt or die trying in the process.

That's the kind of shit that you can do that will make the world a better place. Talking about peace doesn't make it happen. Doing something about it does.

If you aren't living life as if every day would be your last, then you aren't really living,

ditto,

thank you.

i do not like the carefree free love hippies either. in fact i don't really like hippies at all.

and yeah, i'm not trying to argue with people on the internet, it's pointless.

DUH, ME TELLING SOMEONE LIKE IT IS, IS OF COURSE THE WAY I SEE IT-HERE LET ME USE YOU AGAIN- "thanks for pointing out the obvious".

WHEN DID I SAY I GONNA SIT AROUND AND CRY ABOUT PEEPS WHO TRIED TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND DIDNT GO ABOUT THE WAY I WOULD OF. YOU ARE A GOOD WORD TWISTER. WHAT THE FUCK IS MY OPINION GOING TO DO FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO TRIED TO MAKE DIFFERENCES, THEY ARE GOING TO DO THINGS THEIR WAY NO MATTER OTHERS SAY.

SON, YOU COULD NEVER FILL MY BOOTS, AS MUCH AS PROBABLY COULDNT FILL YOUR REEF THONGS.

TRY ALL YOU WANT TO PAINT ME IN A DIFFERENT LIGHT AS AN APATHETIC PERSON. BUT LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION AND I'LL LEAVE IT AT THAT (AGREE TO DISAGREE).

DO YOU SPEND YOUR DAYS FIGHTING FOR JUSTICE AGAINST TRYANTS AND THE APATHETIC PEOPLE OF THIS NATION?

PLEASE TELL ME.

thanks for the compliment. i am a good word twister and i am a pretty manipulative person in the real world. i'm actually proud of these traits.

you're right, i can't fill your boots or your shoes, i don't know you, and the same can be said about you for me.

and, i don't even know what a reef thong is my man.

i'm not trying to paint you as an apathetic person, all i did was quote you. they were your words that you typed. maybe i took it the wrong way, i can admit that. so, if i was wrong, you have my apology.

actually, no i don't spend my days doing any of those things and i never claimed to. even if i did, i wouldn't feel the need to talk about it on here.

anything else you want to know?

Guest shai_hulud

Now, hold on a minute. I like free love.

I was raised around hippies. But, I started going to demonstrations and rallies when I was REALLY young.

I got over it because I got tired of getting gassed and chased by guys with batons and guns. And not seeing a whole lot of change. I'm still involved with the anti-vivisection people, but I don't want to say in what capacity.

Now I do stuff that's a little lower impact, but no less effective or meaningful. Food Not Bombs, Needle Exchange, Prisoner's Literature Project, elder outreach and care...stuff that helps people.

Living in Berkeley makes me want to do stuff like this.

Now, hold on a minute. I like free love.

I was raised around hippies. But, I started going to demonstrations and rallies when I was REALLY young.

I got over it because I got tired of getting gassed and chased by guys with batons and guns. And not seeing a whole lot of change. I'm still involved with the anti-vivisection people, but I don't want to say in what capacity.

Now I do stuff that's a little lower impact, but no less effective or meaningful. Food Not Bombs, Needle Exchange, Prisoner's Literature Project, elder outreach and care...stuff that helps people.

Living in Berkeley makes me want to do stuff like this.

when i said free love i meant sitting around smoking weed and screwing.

sorry.

Guest shai_hulud
SHARP.

WE ARE SETTING UP ARA CHAPTERS.

I WONDER IF gooch KNOWS WHAT ARA IS?

I do.

Shall I tell him?

SHARP= Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice.

ARA= Anti-Racist Action.

I've known people from both of those over the years.

He's doing some good, gooch.

I do.

Shall I tell him?

SHARP= Skinheads Against Racial Prejudice.

ARA= Anti-Racist Action.

I've known people from both of those over the years.

He's doing some good, gooch.

i had the sharp, just not the rest.

and i appreciate that people are out there making a difference. like i said, if i took the man's words the wrong way, i will apologize. apparently i did, and with that i apologize.

COOL, WHAT IF YOU WERE AROUND SOME GUYS YOUD ONT KNOW OR DO KNOW; AND ONE OF THEM SAW A BLACK GUY WALKING BY AND CALLED HIM A ____ER. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

i love how my thread about john lennon getting shot just got turned around to another topic.

well, honestly, i don't know what i would do.

depending on the situation, i may say something and let them know that they are ignorant assholes. on the other hand i may only think that and keep walking.

ahh let me add this, i've been in situations like that with friends who were black and/or spanish and have had words with people.

i was basing my initial response on the instance of someone i didn't know. i just reread it and realized i missed that you mentioned the part "OR DO KNOW".

YES I JACKED YOUR THREAD, MY BAD.

I LIVE THIS SITUATION EVERYDAY. THATS NOT TO SAY I WALK AROUND AND LISTEN FOR PEEPS TO SAY THE WRONG THINGS.

BUT IN OUR SCENE THAT I AM INVOLVED WITH THERE IS NO WALKIN AWAY BECAUSE YOU JUST DONT FEEL LIKE CONFRONTING IT. WE ARE THE GUYS WHO DEFEND THE ONES WHO CANT STAND UP OR ARE TO SCARED TO STAND UP FOR THEM SELVES. WHEN IT COME TO RACISM.

IF I WAS AT A BAR AND SOMEONE CALLED YOUR ASIAN GIRLFRIEND(HYPOTHETICAL) A NIP OR A GOOK. A YOU DIDNT DO ANYTHING THAT PUKE WOULD GET HIS FACE BOOTED AND HIS LACES CUT. THATS HOW WE STAND UP FOR JUSTICE.

LIKE BEFORE, THERES NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST US.

AND IM DONE AND GOING HOME.

STAY UP GOOCH AND GOOD CONVO.

GOD, I WUVS TEH INTERWEBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111

Guest shai_hulud

I used to get super-stirred about people dropping N-bombs and kike this and gook that.

I just look at it now as, they don't know what they're missing out on.

Plus, I lived in the ghetto and got treated pretty badly by certain ignorant black folks. For being white. That hurt...it didn't make me stop wanting to stick up for people, but I'm a lot more obsessed with the class issue these days.

Everybody needs to make it their personal duty to get educated, by any means necessary.

YES I JACKED YOUR THREAD, MY BAD.

I LIVE THIS SITUATION EVERYDAY. THATS NOT TO SAY I WALK AROUND AND LISTEN FOR PEEPS TO SAY THE WRONG THINGS.

BUT IN OUR SCENE THAT I AM INVOLVED WITH THERE IS NO WALKIN AWAY BECAUSE YOU JUST DONT FEEL LIKE CONFRONTING IT. WE ARE THE GUYS WHO DEFEND THE ONES WHO CANT STAND UP OR ARE TO SCARED TO STAND UP FOR THEM SELVES. WHEN IT COME TO RACISM.

IF I WAS AT A BAR AND SOMEONE CALLED YOUR ASIAN GIRLFRIEND(HYPOTHETICAL) A NIP OR A GOOK. A YOU DIDNT DO ANYTHING THAT PUKE WOULD GET HIS FACE BOOTED AND HIS LACES CUT. THATS HOW WE STAND UP FOR JUSTICE.

LIKE BEFORE, THERES NO JUSTICE, THERE'S JUST US.

AND IM DONE AND GOING HOME.

STAY UP GOOCH AND GOOD CONVO.

GOD, I WUVS TEH INTERWEBS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111111111111

nah man, that's cool. like you said, it's a forum and it's for discussion.

i respect and applaud what you and others like you do.

i read your comment not knowing what you meant or where you were coming from. i should have read into your "blind justice" quote a little more, but even that wouldn't have been enough for me to go on.

same here, back to more drinking.

likewise.