DogCancer...wtf...

Some1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I put my dog to sleep on Friday ... shit was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. She had the above mentioned fatty deposits ... and I think one of them became cancer. she went downhill fairly quick. About 2 months of slowing then two weeks of letting me know it was time to say goodbye.

I held her laying on the floor eye to eye till the doc gave her the shot to stop her heart. as soon as her last breath left I got the fuck out of that office. no need to hang onto an empty shell that once held my baby girl.

You do need to do what is best for the dog ... I could have gone 5k in the hole to prolong this for another, maybe 6 months and seeing her in a lampshade again was out of the question ... animals hate those as much as they are funny to us.

RIP DAZY!!!!!! 12 years of holding shit down.

dazydoggy.jpg

You can see some of the fatty deposits on her belly in this pic.

Just lost my dog two month's ago... we had to put her down... most fucked up thing i've ever had to do in my life...mentally she was still there, but physically, she couldn't even walk anymore... Had her for 16 years, Black Shepard mix... hard to believe... can't let them suffer though... shit I haven't cried that much over family members..... fucked up to say.. but there is a bond between man and dog that is very powerful.... just take advantage of the time you will have left with her... remember the good times, and keep their memory strong... I went through a lot of shit with my dog... no matter what, she was by my side smiling and wagging away...RIP to my best friend in exhistance.... I can still feel her here with me, realness, so real that this is the only personal thing I ever said on here... Hang in there Some1

DSC00048.JPG

thanks guys I just saw her today she is her same old self I love her so much I broke down again as I saw her pull away in my aunts car (she lives with my aunt and her daughter since me and my dad had to move to smaller place), I co-sign not crying for any family member so much allover. I am gonna set up a photoshoot for me and her this week with my friend. I only have like 2 pictures of her. It hurts so much she doesnt even know whats happening. It sucks even worse because I almost want to be like fuck it she is fine because she isnt showing any sort of it bothering her I don't know how much time shes got and sometimes I feel stupid writing up here because its like yo what if nothing happens then I just am making people feel bad for me. On the other hand its like I dunno. I dunno it just hurts so much shits so confusing...

• 3 months later...

Well the time has come. Today at 3pm we are putting her to sleep, it was supposed to be Saturday morning but the people can't do it. We were going to take her out for a walk in the woods for the last time her my aunt my cousin and my dad and then bring her home and have it done but my aunt just called me at work crying telling me how they can't tomorrow and only have time today at 3pm.

It was so hard to see my dad crying last night when we went to see her. She has these big lumps that are turning green under her you can see she is walking differently. There are alot of problems but she is the same old puppy. 8 years she will be the last thing I have from the place I grew up thats one of the reasons it hurts so bad. I have to do it, I rolled around the entire night last night grinding my teeth my jaw hurts i am so messed up about this right now. I am holding back tears at my desk as I write this. She is the best dog so sweet all of the time so much personality.

My cousin she is 14 or 15 just got a shot to be in this production like legit theatre she is geting paid to do it. Last night was opening night for her I felt so bad because she kept crying before she left and it was fucking up her make up.

I dont want to say goodbye I didn't want to leave yesterday but you could tell my Roxie wasnt herself she was tired she never just leaves to sleep when company is over she came over licked my tears away and went up the stairs to bed.

I am in so much pain right now trying to choke back tears I think I am gonna leave work now since its getting harder and harder to do so...

peace everyone...

Damn I'm sorry about this. It really sucks because I'm the type of person who has more compassion for animals than I do humans. I would rather see a human hung, shot, beaten, stabbed, severed head, terrible freak accidents and tortured rather than see a animal of any kind in pain or die. So, if the cancer treatments will put her in pain and she would not be in pain without the treatments, and there is no guarantee it will cure her, I would say the let Roxie ride that shit out. She seems like she had a full life of 9 years and was your loyal companion. If it was me I wouldn't put her through the pain. Look at it this way. You gave her a good life and she brought you nothing but joy. Why make her suffer?

Good luck with everything man...

It's never easy to lose a loved one. I honestly don't feel there's much difference between animals and humans, specifically dogs.

Everything happens for a reason in my book, and it's just her time. The reason is not always one that's recognizable immediately, but it's there.

This quote has helped me in the past, and it may not be of use to you, but I thought I'd share..

“We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.”

Dude it sucks. I had to put my cat down last month. I had her for eighteen years. blah blah best cat in the world, never be another cat like her. I was a little pissed. My mom called me at arounf 10am and told me they were going to have to put the cat down that day. I'm like WTF how'd that happen. Well I guess a week before she stopped eating and started throwing up. They took her to the vet. The vet released her. Then called back and wanted to see her again. They were treating her kidneys and she was getting better but one day it took a turn for the worse. I was a little heated for not knowing she was sick or in the hospital considering stopped by for lunch numerous times that week. Even if she was gonna pull through it woulda been nice to know she was sick. So anyways I called my wife and we met up out there and said our goodbyes. I ain't even gonna lie I teared up a bit. RIP Michelle

back to dogs:

My dog is a diabetic. She started limping and we thought maybe she fucked up her leg. The next day she couldn't get up. Vet told us she's a diabetic. Asked my parents what they wanted to do. So they started treating her at the vet. She came home and now she needs insulin twice a day. Days pass and we notice her bumping into stuff. Turns out she's going blind. One of her eyes was so bad it was putting pressure on her so the doc recommended having the eye removed or being put down. My parents decided to have it removed. She's still around (2 years? later). Personally I would of probably put her down. I mean she's still living but at the same time she ain't 'living'. She cant run around like she used to chasing and killing birds etc.

• Like 1

my brother's cat died from cat AIDS. it was a thousand dollar cat that he had shipped from england to the united states. a few months later it got cat AIDS and died. the vet cut it's head off and shipped it somewhere for testing. odd shit.

that was your brothers cat? my bad homie i tried to strap one on but the kitty kept on begging for it raw

Dude it sucks. I had to put my cat down last month. I had her for eighteen years. blah blah best cat in the world, never be another cat like her. I was a little pissed. My mom called me at arounf 10am and told me they were going to have to put the cat down that day. I'm like WTF how'd that happen. Well I guess a week before she stopped eating and started throwing up. They took her to the vet. The vet released her. Then called back and wanted to see her again. They were treating her kidneys and she was getting better but one day it took a turn for the worse. I was a little heated for not knowing she was sick or in the hospital considering stopped by for lunch numerous times that week. Even if she was gonna pull through it woulda been nice to know she was sick. So anyways I called my wife and we met up out there and said our goodbyes. I ain't even gonna lie I teared up a bit. RIP Michelle

Sucks man. But a pet living to be 18 is nice. The longest ive seen one of my dogs live was to 15. I mean they cant live forever and wont outlive you. Its going to happen eventually. But bravo to the cat for living to be 18 you should be happy.

yeah i know. and about 14 or 15 of those years were as an outdoor cat. she got cancer on her nose and had to have a little piece removed. so we kept her indoors away from the sun.

i used to come home and she would run up to the car and walk me to the door.

shit i still miss that. she was almost like a dog.

that was your brothers cat? my bad homie i tried to strap one on but the kitty kept on begging for it raw

Let it be known that this guy has publicly admitted to be a cat fucker. From now on we shall address him as Cat Fucker.

Just thought I'd lighten the mood.

So I just got home it was the hardest thing I've ever done in my life thanks guys for all your compassion and stuff...

Casek wrote me a note this is what i wrote back:

Thanks man, she looked ok but you could tell she was slowing down breathing heavy all that. I went over took her for a long walk through the woods took alot of pictures. I don't know when I'll be able to get them off my camera I can't look at her right now. Brought her home sat with her all afternoon. My dad my aunt and my cousin all there as the vet came over and injected her while she was on her bed with us all holding her. It was the saddest thing to watch her slip out and then fall limp and then she was gone. As they carried her out her eyes were open looking at me she was so peaceful I am happy she is gone because with all the tumors all over she couldn't of been very comfortable. She was the best/smartest/sweetest dog any of us ever had, and we've had lots. This hurt more than anything she was the most precious innocent thing in the world to me...

it's tough reading all these stories, i broke down just reading them. i can't say from personal experience what it's like losing a pet. but i feel everyones pain just through the words typed out on her. everyone be strong, and you'll pull through this tough, tough time.

R.I.P. to all the beloved pets that have passed!