RIP PIMP C?

-_67_-

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Interview with Bun B - 12/06/2007

Rest In Peace Pimp C

I got a chance to talk to Bun B today and do a little interview. Really couldn't believe it, and didn't expect it, but like when his partner temporarily left him for the penitentiary, Bun's already holding it down for his partner forever, Pimp C.

--------------------------------------------

HSR: This is such a crazy situation. It’s not like when someone gets shot or had been sick. Have you been able to really grasp the fact that Pimp is gone yet?

BUN B: Hmm. In certain senses, you know what I’m sayin’? Yes. But, there are surreal aspects to it. But I’ve um, I’ve likened it to trying to hold onto a bowling ball with silk gloves on, it’s the only way I can explain the process of how I’m trying to wrap my head around this. It doesn’t process in the normal sense that things logically process. It’s an entirely different grieving process opposed to every other time that I’ve ever had to grieve anyone’s passing. It’s absolutely different to a relative, or… my father passed recently. I took it pretty hard but this is still a little bit different you know? I’m not saying that I hurt more for him than my dad, it’s just different. I’m stronger than I think I am but I’m not as strong as I would like to be. People think I’m doing a lot of things like talking to you , or talking to The Box (97.9 FM in Houston), the assumption is “Wow this guy is really strong for him to be able to do this right now.” But the true reality is that I’m weak, and that’s why I’m doing it. Because I need to talk about it, I need to think about him amongst people that loved him. Not just by myself and with family, but his fans loved him unconditionally. His family loved him unconditionally. Even all the artists that have called into local radio, and XM and Sirius, we’re aware of all of that. The tribute that you guys made, I got calls from London, Canada, Amsterdam, Nigeria, and when I was at The Box this morning a guy emailed in from The Virgin Islands. It’s just incredible, not just the extent that the music reached, but the extent of the acceptance and the admiration and honor and the respect and love that transcended as well. I’m in awe.

Full Interview

• 1 month later...

LOS ANGELES — Influential Southern rapper Pimp C died of an accidental overdose of a combination of drugs he had named in his lyrics — codeine and promethazine, the county coroner's office ruled Monday.

The drugs are key ingredients in "syrup," a narcotic of choice in Southern rap circles that was most famously celebrated by Three 6 Mafia and Pimp C's group Underground Kingz in the 2000 single "Sippin' on some Syrup."

The coroner's office said Pimp C had sleep apnea, which causes people to stop breathing for up to 30 seconds at a time while sleeping. That illness combined with large amounts of prescription-strength cough syrup is what killed the rapper, coroner's Capt. Ed Winter said.

DJ Screw, another influential figure in the Texas hip-hop scene, died of a heart attack in 2000 after a reported overdose of codeine-laced cough syrup.

Pimp C, born Chad Butler, was 33 when he was found in his bed Dec. 4 at the upscale Mondrian hotel in West Hollywood. The coroner's office said his body was decomposing when it was found.

With partner-in-rhyme Bun B, Pimp C was half of the pioneering Port Arthur, Texas-based rap duo UGK. The group's self-titled CD topped the Billboard charts last year. Pimp C had been working on a solo effort before he died.

http://www6.comcast.net/news/articles/entertainment/2008/02/05/People.Pimp.C/

He wrote a song about getting high on cough syrup & he was 33?

Was that a typo? That is what 13 year olds do, that and huff glue.

Did he make a track called "Sniffin' on some Sig Bond" too?

That lean is like liquid heroin and it will fuck you up somethin serious....I used to have a problem with it, more so then I ever did with oxycontin... Pimp and Bun been sippin' on the sizzurp for a long ass time and it's a shame that Pimp had to go like that. At least it was in his sleep and he didn't feel any pain, that's how I wanna go when I make my exit.

As far as your joke is concerned well......that shit was just stupid.

r.jpg

Slow Down

Cory Moe!!!

Whats happenin

Sweet Jones, I see alot of niggas in this rap game man, niggas movin to mothafuckin fast

Yall niggas need to slow down! Know what im talking about, hold up

Niggas poppin pills, sippin bar, smokin fry and God knows whatever else

Niggas on that Malcom X, you know like that nigga breeze said "the hood goin to catch up with cha man"

Ya know what im sayin, look what happened to Screw, know what im sayin

People Bent the city with the hoes showin ass and titties

Im a ghetto star and the games a pity

Cause most niggas get took be the street fame

And they cant hold on to their spot in this dirty game

I see alot of niggas sign record deals but they fall off cause them niggas wasnt real

But i've been in this thang since "92" Getting my money, doing what the hustlers do

Through the wars, having no cars, going to jail, rapping behind bars

Puttin it down with Bun B when we was broke out on the streets, tryin to come up on a mothafuckin swisher sweet!

I used to sell weed, then i sold crack

I used to ride in a ol school lac, fleetwood with the chariot lights

I sold that bitch to boy Moe that why we come down at night

CHORUS

SLOW DOWN KNOW WHAT IM TALK BOUT

Now i ride a big benz, and spend big money with my mothafuckin friends

I dont by the O, I buy the quarter pound

Im talking indo nigga, i lay these bitches down

Whats happen out in L.A. when im out the with the Booya tribe thats how i nigga play

Ans im hollarin a Yuk and C-bo to

I hear what cha sayin and im goin to do what cha wanna do

Cause fuck niggas need to get hit up

Bitch niggas dont deserve no truck,bitch niggas dont deserve to fuck

Niggas out of luck, thats why your records aint sellin and ya stuck

Slow it down, before somebody hit you up

Nigga slow down before some one fuck ya up

Slow down before they come and get cha, hit ya wig

it aint nothing to split ya