Question for the Bike Heads

Hayabusa

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud

What year is that Beetle, a '67?

My best friend had a '66.

A bunch of my friends have had VWs over the years. I know a little bit about them.

Drunkpunch is telling the truth. You can tell when a VW engine is tuned right by the way it sounds...when it's dialed in, it has this weird ring to it. If it's off, it sounds choppy and shitty.

I've noticed that certain Ducatis have that same sound to them.

Guest shai_hulud
YES IT WAS.

THANKS, ITS ALL STOCK, EXCEPT FOR THE 1600cc ENGINE. I POSTED MORE PICS IN THE "LET ME SEE YOUR CAR" THREAD. (I THINK THATS NAME OF IT.)

I thought so.

I wasn't sure because of the tail lights. My friend wanted to put a new stereo in her '66 back in the day, and me and several of my friends had to explain why that wasn't as easy as she hoped it would be.

Another friend of ours hooked her up on all the voltage conversion work, but did a lousy job putting in the actual stereo.

Her '66 had a stock 1200 with 65,000 original miles on it.

One of my friends had a '57 with a 1776....one of the Porsche 914 joints. I think it would do 50 MPH in first gear, and he claimed it topped out around 130. He never put wheelie bars on it, so I don't think he ever tried to go THAT fast...if he did, he had one hell of a death wish.

I'm not a car guy, but I like VWs. Especially that '57. I wonder if he still has it sitting in a garage somewhere.

I LIKE THE 6 VOLT, MORE CLASSIC.

A STEREO IS PRETTY EASY TO PUT IN.

I ALWAYS REPLACE THE GLOVE BOX WITH A RADIO GLOVE BOX, WHERE YOU CAN PUT A STEREO IN THE GLOVE BOX AND STILL HAVE SPACE FOR THE GLOVES. IF THAT 57' IS SITTIN AROUND, AND THEY DONT WANT IT; LET A V-DUB HEAD KNOW??????!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111!!!!!!!-LOL

ive seen many MotoGp dudes croutch down beside their bikes like this

what are they doing?

Rossi_4974.jpg

k thnx bai

[truth]

when rossi does that he is going through the track in his mind. if you've watched it when he's crouching he leans left/right as he practices going around the track in his mind.

most of these guys pretty much memorize the track and all the turns before riding,

and this is just a mental warm up of sorts

[/truth]