THE UNDEAD THREAD.

Scientists Turn Cockroaches Into Zombie Slaves

Friday , November 30, 2007

Israeli scientists have figured out how to turn cockroaches into zombie slaves.

They're replicated the mysterious power of the jewel wasp, also known as the emerald cockroach wasp, which incorporates the cockroach into its reproductive cycle in a most gruesome way.

Most parasitic wasps paralyze their victims, but the jewel wasp's sting mysteriously leaves a cockroach able to walk, yet robbed of all free will.

The wasp leads the zombie roach back to its lair, lays an egg in the poor creature and then lets the wasp larva eat the roach alive from the inside out.

The Israeli team, led by Frederic Libersat of Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, discovered that a synthetic form of the neurotransmitter octopamine freed stung cockroaches from their zombie-like state.

They then injected other roaches with compounds that blocked octopamine -- and turned them into docile zombies.

The study was documented in the Journal of Experimental Biology

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,314321,00.html

Ladies and Gents, load up on your weapons and ammo!!! The end is near!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
i have often wondered how awesome a zombie pandemic would be... i have actually sat and thought about places to barricade and survive in, i would love the daily gun blasting excursions to find survivors/supplies.... my nerd-ness about this genre goes THAT deep.

Wooooord up.

I space off in school sometimes and I think about how dope it would be.

I'm pretty much a zombie nerd.

I used to be a member of the zombie squad forums.

I still play this grid based MMORPG zombie game every day.

And spit, whats your favorite story out of that WWZ book?

Wooooord up.

I space off in school sometimes and I think about how dope it would be.

I'm pretty much a zombie nerd.

I used to be a member of the zombie squad forums.

I still play this grid based MMORPG zombie game every day.

And spit, whats your favorite story out of that WWZ book?

Man I have no idea. The highway scene was awesome. When the military tried to a massive ground engagement against thousands of zombies coming down a highway. The soldiers had no idea that to kill a zombie, you had to destroy the brain. So they were launching tank shells and fighter jets were screaming over head dropping bombs but the bombs would only blow them up, but theyd keep crawling. Eventully they all got over ran and people are screaming bloody murder over the comms.

Also the one where the woman flying supplies of mississippi(i think). Her plane loses power and they crash in the swamp. Shes wandering around and she finds one of the guys from the plane dead hanging from a tree by his parachute with zombies eating him. This story has a good plot twist so I wont ruin it to anyone who wants to check out the book.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_war_z

heres the wiki of the a quick summary.

Me and my buddys sit around, sometimes for hours just plotting about a zombie invasion. Im a huge fuckin zombie nerd.

i have often wondered how awesome a zombie pandemic would be... i have actually sat and thought about places to barricade and survive in, i would love the daily gun blasting excursions to find survivors/supplies.... my nerd-ness about this genre goes THAT deep.

every house that i have lived in since i was a little kid, have thought out all possible fortification and survival methods if there was a zombie pandemic. i am such a zombie nerd... on that note Romero's Diary of the Dead will be fucking bonkers.