The Next Superpower

Poesia [ ] T

you seem rather uneducated when you make a statement and don't back it up.

The statement was you should look into the history of your country. I didn't say I was going to explain anything and thus I don't need to back up shit and the only one looking uneducated is you for presuming I have to 'back it up'.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you need to do more research into the history of your country (australia).

this is an american website and about 75-80% of the members here are from the u.s. and yet you're constantly being disrespectful, anti-american, saying "fuck your troops" like you're on some kind of high horse. maybe we should just air out all of australia's atrocities

The statement was you should look into the history of your country. I didn't say I was going to explain anything and thus I don't need to back up shit and the only one looking uneducated is you for presuming I have to 'back it up'.

:rolleyes:

you need to do more research into the history of your country (australia).

I am well aware of the history of my country and we can discuss it if you like.

this is an american website and about 75-80% of the members here are from the u.s.

So? Thats why I only look at crossfire and train threads.

and yet you're constantly being disrespectful

Whats disrespectful is the cultural and institutionalized ignorance of a small number of the American posters in this forum with regards to their country's history of gross human rights atrocities and state terrorist acts.

anti-american, saying "fuck your troops" like you're on some kind of high horse.

I don't differentiate between terrorists.

maybe we should just air out all of australia's atrocities

You are approaching this with the assumption that I am stupid enough to be brainwashed into thinking where I was born was anything other than a random lottery event.

• 2 weeks later...

every world power has been knocked OUT of power by way of a military invasion and or catastrophic defeat... just pick up a history book. EVERY SINGLE ONE. The US will NOT gracefully bow out to whoever is inline to supplant them (as stated i personally believe that it will be the U.N. or some fascimily of that organization). So be prepared... because if it comes to be within our lifetime... there will only be one way that it will go down, by FORCE.

history doesnt lie... it only repeats itself.

well, one good thing about America having so many guns in the hands of its citizens is that any attampted invasion by a foreign power would never work. i think if anything it would be a crazy disease or natural disaster like the dust bowl or a comet that would inflict so much damage on americas population/infrastructure/armed forces that some other country would come out on top. just my two cents

China and Russia - no questions. India will also become a power but I don't think they will flex their muscles as much as the other two. The EU will get stronger as a whole and will therefore have greater influance. America will be overtaken by China and will feel more threatened, though it depends on who the leader is as to what they will do about it - if anything.

• 1 month later...

The US doesn't need to collapse for there to be another power, it can be just overtaken instead.

Also, there can be more than one super power, just as in the Cold War when there was a multi-polar system. I'd tend to argue that we are headed for Multi-polar system again. Russia will always remain a great power militarily speaking because they will always have the second largest nuclear arsenal. However, China will soon control ASEAN and the EU will become quite economically powerful as an economic bloc. In my mind, there will be three competing blocs; EU, NAFTA and ASEAN.

The world is far too interconnected with trade and multi-lateral institutions that global confrontation (hot or cold) will be too damaging to anyone to make sense. So, control over energy, life sustaining resources (water, food, etc.) will become more prevalent and he who controls the dollars will control the resources.

Dawood; Islam has about as much chance at global or even regional power as Africa does. They are so busy fucking each other over (Syria/Iran/LEbanon-Saudi Arabia/Kuwait-Egypt/Jordan-Palestine constantly being fucked by Israel-Sudan fucking itself, Pakistan fucking itself, Indonesia can barely hold itself together, Afghanistan in Chaos, Somalia in Chaos...., etc. etc.). You have to at least have stability before you can even move towards regionalism and Islam is nowhere near that.

every world power has been knocked OUT of power by way of a military invasion and or catastrophic defeat... just pick up a history book. EVERY SINGLE ONE. The US will NOT gracefully bow out to whoever is inline to supplant them (as stated i personally believe that it will be the U.N. or some fascimily of that organization). So be prepared... because if it comes to be within our lifetime... there will only be one way that it will go down, by FORCE.

history doesnt lie... it only repeats itself.

Can that be said about the British Empire?

Dawood; Islam has about as much chance at global or even regional power as Africa does. They are so busy fucking each other over (Syria/Iran/LEbanon-Saudi Arabia/Kuwait-Egypt/Jordan-Palestine constantly being fucked by Israel-Sudan fucking itself, Pakistan fucking itself, Indonesia can barely hold itself together, Afghanistan in Chaos, Somalia in Chaos...., etc. etc.). You have to at least have stability before you can even move towards regionalism and Islam is nowhere near that.

You're absolutely right, for now, but when the muslim world gets it together and stops chasing the American dream, look out. Muslims are passing through a rough phase now, but if you look into history you'll see that Islam was once the civilized world's superpower. That was during a time when muslims were actually practicing their religion and justice prevailed. Nowadays it's different and the muslim govts. for the most part are not following the guidanceof the quran and sunnah. You'll mostly find them dancing to the tune of washington d.c. for protection and/or aid money. The muslim world is entrenched in sin and oppression but that won't last forever, trust.

You're absolutely right, for now, but when the muslim world gets it together and stops chasing the American dream, look out. Muslims are passing through a rough phase now, but if you look into history you'll see that Islam was once the civilized world's superpower. That was during a time when muslims were actually practicing their religion and justice prevailed. Nowadays it's different and the muslim govts. for the most part are not following the guidanceof the quran and sunnah. You'll mostly find them dancing to the tune of washington d.c. for protection and/or aid money. The muslim world is entrenched in sin and oppression but that won't last forever, trust.

Dawoods right on point... Mart Steyn's America Alone is a good read on the subject of Islam taking over the world. It's all about demographics.

I remember reading an article in Slate that was half tounge and cheek that mentioned the fact that Muslim countries are growing very quickly due to taboos against birth control. It was interesting because it challenged the mistaken human impression of fitness as more technological or richer. In other words, we are just like animals, whoever makes more babies, survives.

Who knows what could change in parts of the Muslim world and how fast though?

Not in our lifetimes mate. And to be honest, until Islam's moderates start taking control and setting the agenda, I'm pretty happy with that as well. Secondly, I prefer to live in a secular world. A world that if you prefer to practice religion, you have the freedom to. A world that if you choose NOT to practice religion you don't have to. That means that the judicial system is NOT based on religious law. I prefer a libertarian style of law; if your actions don't hurt anyone, nor are they likely to lead to the harm or restriction of freedoms to another, it's all good. I don't want any type of religion to set anyone's agenda.

Anyway, if you want to look at super power competition right now, just look at Kosovo and the Central Asian states. The US/West is encroaching on what used to be Russia's exclusive zone of influence (included in this is also the proposed missile shield and zero-sum security losses faced by Russia) and their political and military reactions.

Central Asia is seeing China secure Gas and oil fields in what used to be the former Soviet Union/sphere of exclusive influence. This is the energy that the Kremlin has been using to blackmail/bribe Eastern European states and Western European nations with recently. However, China is stealing their thunder from under them and gaining power at the same time. We are either seeing the last gasp of a once was super power (yet, who however still holds the second largest nuclear arsenal in the world) or the calm before the storm....

Sorry guys, but the Islamic world fits nowhere into this picture and will not for generations and generations. The Muslims need a uniting influence. Some one needs to put an end to Shias and Sunnis killing each other, Salafis killing anyone who isn't "pure", kings and despots killing their own and living in the lap of luxury provided by puppet masters, etc. etc.

I'm sorry, but I can only see disunity, short sightedness, greed and backwardness in most Muslim states these days. Only very few like the UAE, Libya, Brunei and other les influential states like that are in any type of enviable position. It will literally be hundreds of years before the Islamic world has any kind of credibility when it comes to this issue and there are far too many variables possible between now and then to make even the vaguest of predictions.

Sorry, but that's the undeniable truth.

I remember reading an article in Slate that was half tounge and cheek that mentioned the fact that Muslim countries are growing very quickly due to taboos against birth control. It was interesting because it challenged the mistaken human impression of fitness as more technological or richer. In other words, we are just like animals, whoever makes more babies, survives.

Who knows what could change in parts of the Muslim world and how fast though?

The problem is that because we blur the boundaries between human choice and animal instinct so greatly, the concept of "fittest" is almost too troublesome to use anymore.

Fittest in what regard?

Fittest to what conception of continued existence?

ehh, a question not for this thread I suppose.

The problem is that because we blur the boundaries between human choice and animal instinct so greatly, the concept of "fittest" is almost too troublesome to use anymore.

Fittest in what regard?

Fittest to what conception of continued existence?

ehh, a question not for this thread I suppose.

I think it is, this thread asks which conglomerate of human beings are "fittest." Is fitness wealth, happiness, success or sheer numbers? Do numbers win out over the long term?

I'm just waiting for our lifetimes to be extended indefinitely, then the real fireworks will start with competition worldwide.

Sorry guys, but the Islamic world fits nowhere into this picture and will not for generations and generations. The Muslims need a uniting influence. Some one needs to put an end to Shias and Sunnis killing each other, Salafis killing anyone who isn't "pure", kings and despots killing their own and living in the lap of luxury provided by puppet masters, etc. etc.

I'm sorry, but I can only see disunity, short sightedness, greed and backwardness in most Muslim states these days. Only very few like the UAE, Libya, Brunei and other les influential states like that are in any type of enviable position. It will literally be hundreds of years before the Islamic world has any kind of credibility when it comes to this issue and there are far too many variables possible between now and then to make even the vaguest of predictions.

Sorry, but that's the undeniable truth.

I can't help but agree with you in most of what you said except where you said "salafis killing anyone who isn't "pure". The term salafi has been used by the media to describe the terrorists or Jihadis , but In reality the true salafis are as far from that description of terrorism or extremism as they can be.

some excerpts from a book tackling this issue...

The media claim that Salafis/"Wahhabis" believe that all those who do not follow their form of Islam are heathens"1.gif0.gif is a tall tale. Salafis believe that those Muslims who do not follow the understanding of the Salaf are not adhering to these and other clear texts. As such, they do not fall under the above-mentioned Quranic verse as being "rightly guided." Salafis distinguish between those who fall into religious innovation and those who fall into disbelief.

http://thewahhabimyth.com/salafism.htm

My understanding is that Salafis believe that Islam was of its purest form during the time of Muhammad and for two generations after. Any deviation from their example is a perversion. As far as I knew about Wahabis is that they are fundamentalists, as in they read the words of the Koran and follow its fundamentals or word for word so to speak. Not all Salafis are terrorists not all terrorists are Salafis. But Some are, some of the type we have seen active from the Arab/Islamic world recently.

Also, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Islam or the Arab world. I would be very happy to see Islam a strong influence in the world (as long as it was moderate Islam) just as I have no problem with strong Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, etc. (moderate). I just don't want any of these people calling the shots on my freedoms. However, I do want them influencing government and society concerning morality, helping those in need, supporting community, etc. As for the Arabs, I don't care who you are, but authoritarian governments (I live under one now) have no place on this earth. When there is stability and freedom in the Arab world, I'd like to see them shake the reins of the foreign powers that keep them divided and be allowed to determine their own future and be kings of their own domain.

All countries and regions deserve political and religious freedom which means no dominant force locally or globally. Which is another reason why I'd like to see multi-polarity and the US share power and responsibility.