Breaking News - Hostages Taken At Clinton Campaign Office

Milk Grenades

BOSTON -- A man claiming to have a bomb took two workers hostage Friday at a Hillary Clinton presidential campaign office in New Hampshire, police said.The incident happened at about 1 p.m. Friday at 28 North Main St. in Rochester. The man had what appeared to be a bomb strapped to himself inside the Democrat's office, according to Bill Shaheen, a top state campaign official.A witness said that she spoke to a woman shortly after she was released from the office by the hostage-taker.

"A young woman with a 6-month or 8-month-old infant came rushing into the store just in tears, and she said, 'You need to call 911. A man has just walked into the Clinton office, opened his coat and showed us a bomb strapped to his chest with duct tape," witness Lettie Tzizik said.There are several police officers positioned across the street from the office, crouched down behind cruisers with guns drawn, according to a reported at the scene."There are sharp shooters on the roof, and police are negotiating with someone in the building," said another witness, who did not want to be identified. "The police are notifying all the business owners on the street to evacuate. There are fire trucks behind the Hillary Clinton office."I walked out and I immediately started running, and I saw that the road was blocked off. They told me run and keep going," said Cassandra Hamilton, who works in an office adjacent to the building.Nearby businesses have been evacuated, and the St. Elizabeth Seaton School has been locked down.Clinton, who is not in New Hampshire, is attending a National Democratic Committee meeting in Virginia. Presidential candidate Barack Obama also has an office in Rochester, and it has been evacuated. There were no reports of any injuries.NewsCenter 5 and TheBostonChannel.com will have more information when it becomes available.

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/14737866/detail.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/11/30/politics/main3558942.shtml

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

News people are stupid...

"I am not trying to play amateur detective here but if the police are speaking to the man on his cell phone then I am guessing that the police have his cell phone # correct?"

"We are watching a video from today I just want to let everyone know that this is ACTUALLY what happened earlier."

Guest shai_hulud

The plot thickens.

Is this going to make a difference? I can see somehting like this only playing in her favor, unless she gets blown up.

I don't particularly like her, myself. But, jeez...this is ridiculous.