Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lord_casek

Rodney King Shot in San Bernardino

Rodney King, whose videotaped beating by LAPD officers (and their subsequent acquittal) sparked the Los Angeles riots in 1992, was shot late last night, according to San Bernardino police.

King was shot in the face and arm with a pellet gun (LA Times) or perhaps a shotgun (KNX, USA Today) while riding his bike home to Rialto.

King, the 42-year-old man who gained national fame when his 1991 beating by Los Angeles police was caught on videotape, called Rialto police at 11:39 p.m. to report the shooting, said Sgt. Don Lewis. He had been struck in the face and arm with a shotgun, Lewis said. King reported that the shooting occurred at 5th Street and Meridian Avenue in San Bernardino, just east of the Rialto city line.

After police arrived at King's Jackson Street home, King and others inside appeared intoxicated, Lewis said, and few were cooperative in providing information.

Rialto officers contacted San Bernardino police to take over the investigation. King was then taken to a local hospital, where his condition is unknown this morning. The wounds were not believed to be life-threatening, Lewis said. - PE

Injuries are minor -- King, 42, completed his ride home before calling police. Not much else is known at this point. The video that made Rodney King a household name after the jump

• Like 1

Guest shai_hulud

I'm surprised that Rodney King, of all people, called the cops.

I hope he's all right.

King was shot in the face and arm with a pellet gun (LA Times) or perhaps a shotgun (KNX, USA Today) while riding his bike home to Rialto.

i would hope they would be able to tell the difference between a pellet gun and a shotgun

fun fact:

i work with rodney king's sister.

mac dre's sister also used to work at my office

i hope you bug her about this tomorrow.

Guest spectr

he probably shot himself so he can blame it on the cops....

haha...reginal denny...

whatever happened to that guy...

i saw some show where people felt bad for him and sent him money and he bought a new truck...fuck dude got hit in the head with a brick!

this is the image that sticks in my mind of rodney king

lp_king.jpg

and of course his famous statement......

(somebody fill in the blank for me)

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now