Rodney King Shot in San Bernardino

lord_casek

Rodney King, whose videotaped beating by LAPD officers (and their subsequent acquittal) sparked the Los Angeles riots in 1992, was shot late last night, according to San Bernardino police.

King was shot in the face and arm with a pellet gun (LA Times) or perhaps a shotgun (KNX, USA Today) while riding his bike home to Rialto.

King, the 42-year-old man who gained national fame when his 1991 beating by Los Angeles police was caught on videotape, called Rialto police at 11:39 p.m. to report the shooting, said Sgt. Don Lewis. He had been struck in the face and arm with a shotgun, Lewis said. King reported that the shooting occurred at 5th Street and Meridian Avenue in San Bernardino, just east of the Rialto city line.

After police arrived at King's Jackson Street home, King and others inside appeared intoxicated, Lewis said, and few were cooperative in providing information.

Rialto officers contacted San Bernardino police to take over the investigation. King was then taken to a local hospital, where his condition is unknown this morning. The wounds were not believed to be life-threatening, Lewis said. - PE

Injuries are minor -- King, 42, completed his ride home before calling police. Not much else is known at this point. The video that made Rodney King a household name after the jump

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
The real question here is what is a 42 year old man doing riding a bike?

Pop's tripping, man.

He want me to ask for my bike back.

You know I wouldn't trip.

The beach cruiser...

the one I let you use,

the one I been asking you about.

Yeah, it's just like it's both of ours.

We just keep it down at my house.