Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cornpone

snowboarding time

I'm super excited, it is almost snowboarding time here where I live... Anyone else getting pumped??? where do you like to go ride???

I mostly have to go to ober gatlinburg (it's lame but that's the closest place)

I love Snow Shoe in WV

Im pumped need to save up some cash tho and get a new board and all sorts of other shit and buy a season pass for Big Bear.

i'm gettin way pumped for snow season, but shit around here blows. closest decent place is Holliday Valley and thats 3 1/2 hours.

What are you guys ridin? anyone else ridin' a rome?

I ride an avalance, I hear Rome makes nice boards. $500 seems pretty steep for a pass. I got mine for like $200, but then again it is for ober....

ugh. i am buying an all new set up this year. the main problem i am having is with the board. what is it with snowboards looking like complete fucking retards got a hold of photoshop and took a graphic design class? i really like simple designs. like the burton idioms look off the fucking hook. but i am in no way at the level of needing a 700 dollar fucking snowboard.

so with that said, is there any recommendations for a stylish board for an all-mountain type of person? i've searched for a bit now and every design i have liked so far has been the 700+ range. anything less than that would be a start.

help sons!

thanks.

I probably won't ride at all at the local places this year, much like the past years, since i don't really enjoy paying money to ride down a 300 foot hill and having to spend more time waiting in lift lines and on the lift than riding. However, i'm going out to utah mid january and i can't fucking wait. Here's to hoping for fresh powder and as much of it as possible.

forum_destroyer_blk_08.jpg

b_tadashifuse_154_08.jpg

b_jussi_159_08.jpg

b_shaunwhite_158_08.jpg

Im willing to spend the dough for a board i like but 650 still seems kind of steep.

But extremegear.com has some burtons in the 450$ range. Then they also have the retarded 700+ boards.

forum-lander-all-07-prod.jpg

for-raider-all-08-prod.jpg

Forum-RECON-161-07-prod.jpg

I never got in to snowboarding, even though all of my friends and girlfriend do it. I prefer to wear turtlenecks and sip wine in the lodge.

Me and Hydrogen Peroxide need to hit up Whistler.

ugh. i am buying an all new set up this year. the main problem i am having is with the board. what is it with snowboards looking like complete fucking retards got a hold of photoshop and took a graphic design class? i really like simple designs. like the burton idioms look off the fucking hook. but i am in no way at the level of needing a 700 dollar fucking snowboard.

so with that said, is there any recommendations for a stylish board for an all-mountain type of person? i've searched for a bit now and every design i have liked so far has been the 700+ range. anything less than that would be a start.

help sons!

thanks.

i usually got a lot of time on my hands to look around the interweb so i'll take a look around, i'm kinda drunk now so give me a day or so and i'll either PM you with somethin or post a link to a few things... i got this board for $380...

RomeSolution06.jpg

the first forum that mosluggo posted is really good looking. i'll have to look into that one.

ive also seen the first burton you posted (the "sunset squares" (i dont know what its actually called)) and im interested in it but im just not sure if its too busy for me.

help sons!

thanks.

Check this place out... they have pretty good deals...

http://www.the-house.com/

i almost never go the first few weeks just because of the amount of people that go the first few weeks.

but i might go this weekend and stay at the 2nd house. yadida?

im pumped. i didnt think it was gunna snow here in tahoe cause last year it only smowed like three times. but this season looks alot more promising

bump northstar

I ride burton bitch... but only cause thats what pops got me id prob get somethen diff. but ohios snowboarding season blows I was gonna get a season pass but thats a waste of money fo real

Nice board. I remember when LibTech was brand new.

Those are nice bindings too. I like when you can move the toe strap down

so it will push the boot backwards into the binding. I hate when my heel lifts up.

Have fun riding.

I'm jealous.

Hit opening day at Marmot.. already got trips planned and lift tix bought for both Fernie and Lake Louise. Shit's gonna be wild. Fucking love the Rockies! :)

^yeah, i dont do a lot of park riding so its good that i can move it all the way down, but sometimes i fuck with the park and i need that shit on top.

im pretty fucking excited though. i got 2 free all day lift tickets too.. i either have to find someone to go with me or i just need to not pay twice. decisions decisions.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now