the internet is fucking boring

seeking

i don't have internet at my house right now.

for the first two days i kinda freaked out, pacing around like a tiger in a cage. i cleaned, lifted weights, moved furniture, did laundry, cleaned, lifted more weights, drank, took sleeping pills. it was like finding myself locked in prison.

now it's been like 5 days and i just came up to work to see what i was missing.

absolutely fucking nothing, ive been on for like 10 minutes and ive already seen the intire internet.

if anyone needs me, call me, i'ma be off here for a good.

thanks.

seeks

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

^It's like a smoker whose chest hurts. "Please, God! I don't wanna die! I promise I'll stop!" two days later you fire one up and you're back to 3/4 of a pack a day......we may get bored with the internet....but we love it either way.....i'm not making much sense right now so i'm gonna go ahead and stop typing.....

i was thinking this as well. i was sick the last 2 days and have been getting alternating between getting smoked at COD4 and checking the interweb.

i been i went onto 8th street for the first time in months and i see they have some of the same scenes on the front page from years ago. recycled.

went to bangbros to see what was new.

checked out a couple sk8, graffiti, tattoo sites to chck out some flicks.

looked at a craigslist to try to find whores that made be laugh but got tired after 5 clicks and seeing webcam ads on there.

all this plus going to 12oz between those sites.

ch0 seems like it's at a low point.

not too much seems to be happening.

people aren't bringing the funk like in it's heydey.

kilo, tesseract, mamerro, bojangles, j, that jilbert dude, poopman, browner, zack morris, the whole DPC posse, plus others.

even seeking is tamer, i remember when he would unleash his anger against all those that fruitboot back in the day.

alot of those guys posted threads that begged the 12ozer to interact.

nowadays it seems like all people post is "pee in the butt" "orrly" "nohomo" reply's

before we had the kidblount shit, kidjangles, j's photoshops, oolong, exploring abandoned mental hospitals, kabars threads, photoshop contests etc.

fuck it now that i mention it i havent brought anything to the table either.

Guest shai_hulud

It's cold outside, and I'm broke.

And I still sort of enjoy the internet, since I found out I can watch old TV shows on there. Mostly, my use can be broken down like this-

1. Video streams

2. Tech and science articles

3. 12 oz. Gossip

I don't really give a shit about 99.999999% of the content on the web.

But, if you all want 12 oz. to be fun, then remember that it's a two-way street. I try to follow the example of people on 12 oz. who have funny and interesting poins of view, and make my posts worth reading.

But, there's a lot more "FUKKK JOO NIGGA I'LL PEE IN UR BUTT!!!!111!!" on 12 oz. than there used to be. Granted, it's not like we were ever a bunch of Rhode's scholars, but there WAS a time when most everyone on here tried to sound intelligent.

We ought to do something about that. I remember someone saying that there should be an entry exam for 12 oz. Nothing hard, just to check and see if you could grasp the basics of spelling, grammar, and punctuation, and a short essay about why you wanted to post here and what you had to offer...and grade it on a curve.

Needless to say, THAT idea went nowhere in a hurry.

Well, if you want 12 oz. to be fun, then it's a team effort. I'm doing the best I can.

Guest shai_hulud
i would give you props shui

but i dont know if its possible for my right now

Thanks, but I don't think I've said anything everyone here hasn't thought at least once or twice before. I'm going to say something that might make a few people mad, but fuck it...

If I could, I'd invite EBPH back. He's my friend, and IMHO, he got a raw deal. I admit to only hearing his side of the story, but I believe him. If anyone wants to tell me the other side (and not sound like a douchebag), I'm all for it. He's smart, funny, and opinionated...he's just what the game needs right now.

Unfortunately, he probably wouldn't last more than a few days.

I'd also have LENS come back, too. Most of what I said about EBPH applies to him, as well.

The only problem is that I can't vouch for them or their behavior once they get on here, and I feel like I could very well get yelled at for something I didn't do or say.

Shai, I know what you're saying. These lulls always seem to happen when there isn't that one overbearing person who is on way too much, starting too many threads, and accounting for about a third of all posts. It's a role that EBPH, Porkchop, Lens, and PopGunWar/HighSociety (among others) have filled at various times. The problem is, when someone is being "that" member, they usually annoy a lot of people, and eventually wind up being banned. But they keep things interesting by keeping threads going and getting reactions. There has to be a balance.

Of course, there are other people who have managed to carry the site for periods without becoming too irritating... like Hesh, AyeBee, Gliko, SneakandCreep, Shai Hulud, BloodFart, Mero, Seeks... I guess most of the mods at one point or another... Kilo/RumpPuncher was pretty much solely responsible for keeping this place interesting for a good couple of years. There have been lots of others, to varying degree.

If people want to make things interesting, start interesting threads. Not just about stuff you found on the internet, but about your life. Ask questions that people will want to respond to. Post pictures of some crazy thing you saw. Tell some crazy story about getting in a fight in a swamp. Engage in conversation with people instead of trying to come up with one obnoxious response per thread and then moving on to the next.

Guest shai_hulud
Shai, I know what you're saying. These lulls always seem to happen when there isn't that one overbearing person who is on way too much, starting too many threads, and accounting for about a third of all posts. It's a role that EBPH, Porkchop, Lens, and PopGunWar/HighSociety (among others) have filled at various times. The problem is, when someone is being "that" member, they usually annoy a lot of people, and eventually wind up being banned. But they keep things interesting by keeping threads going and getting reactions. There has to be a balance.

Of course, there are other people who have managed to carry the site for periods without becoming too irritating... like Hesh, AyeBee, Gliko, SneakandCreep, Shai Hulud, BloodFart, Mero, Seeks... I guess most of the mods at one point or another... Kilo/RumpPuncher was pretty much solely responsible for keeping this place interesting for a good couple of years. There have been lots of others, to varying degree.

If people want to make things interesting, start interesting threads. Not just about stuff you found on the internet, but about your life. Ask questions that people will want to respond to. Post pictures of some crazy thing you saw. Tell some crazy story about getting in a fight in a swamp. Engage in conversation with people instead of trying to come up with one obnoxious response per thread and then moving on to the next.

There's so much I want to say about this, but I think you more or less summed it up.

I didn't grow up with the internet. In a way, I was lucky. I had to read books. Those books were created by people with amazing ideas that they wanted to share, and to share them they had to learn how to communicate via the written word. Therefore, they had to learn volcabulary, grammar, spelling, punctuation...some writers, like Steinbeck and Hemingway, could use simple language ("Of Mice And Men" comes to mind) to express very sophisticated and deep observations about the human condition.

So, I decided that writing was something I wanted to do. I never really went anywhere with it...I did a few zines, and some short stories...contributed a few articles here and there to other zines...but, I seem to have some facility for the written word, or so I've been told.

Nowadays, things are much, much different. There's a LOT of people out there on the web who are trying to communicate their experiences and feelings and concepts...and they seem to be functionally illiterate. They can't spell, they have no concept of sentence structure or punctuation, and the grammar is more like pidgin than English. This is scary, frustrating, and sad, when I think about it. Sometimes, I can relate to how Lisa Simpson would feel. I'm not the smartest motherfucker on the internet...but, jeez, at least I TRY to sound coherent.

Do I sound like an effete douchebag? Maybe. I dropped out of high school when I turned 17. I was bored, they didn't have anything more to teach me. Besides, school is a means to an end for most people, and I was no exception.

But, I never stopped learning. I made that promise to myself, because I knew that most of the people I went to school with were going to stop reading once there wasn't any incentive to do so. Enlightenment just wasn't as important as getting paid and laid, I guess.

I'll never forget when Biggus Dickus (old Ch. 0 guy) told me once, "I really like what you're saying, it's good...but could you please try using capitals and making paragraphs? Your typing is really hard to read because there's no breaks in it."

So, I did. And, it made me slow down a lot...and think about what I was saying, and how I came across to other people. And, people started responding to what I said...FAVORABLY!!! I was shocked! Once I knew the formula, though, I stuck with it.

I guess the point is, now that this is a invite-only forum, I would like to think that the people who are here had to ASK someone to be here, or were invited because they had something worthwhile to contribute.

It's not just your time that you're spending on the internet, it's MY time, too.

I guess people can take all that whatever way they want to. I know there's a point in there somewhere. It's late, and I'm sober- not very inspiring circumstances for me to post under.