Painting directly on leather sneakers..

PERMAFRIED_

Maybe this belongs in the artfag or fashionboy section but it specifically concerns technique sooo....

The other night, while in the midst of an adderall frenzy, i took a krylon 18k gold leafing pen to an old pair of velcro onitsuka tigers. They are now beautiful and shiny all over, and i want them to stay this way for eternity.

Yeah.

Problem is, the surface of this exquisite coat of fancy gold-ness, like, sort of rubs off, leaving a finish that's more graphite-like.

Perhaps this was a dumb idea. I am acutely aware of this possibility.

HOWEVARRR...

Does anybody know of a way that i can apply some kindof clear finish coat to preserve it??

Because it makes me smile.

I'm not looking for anything super glossy, nor do i wanna brush on a bunch of shit that's gonna remain gummy or get all crispy crusty n sheeit.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: CLARIFICATION: I am not anti-super-glossy. In fact i think it's tasty. It's just not a necessary criterion. TRANSPARENT is necessary.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
how bout applying a clear finish to the shoes? have u tried that

dumbass

That's exactly my question you fucking illiterate moron.

I'm asking for recommendations for a *specific type* of clear finish.

LIke, a brand name...

or product name...

Do you understand yet?

Think real hard now; I know it hurts but you can do it.

alright, i had a feeling i'd get a bunch of non-answers.

looks like the yard is still a haven for mildly retarded ghetto children with AIDS and a vocabulary equivalent of that of a direct effect host or something.

that and teenage hillbillies with fetal glue sniffing syndrome.

sometimes i wonder why i even bother.

I've heard that on leather, dye is more effective and appealing. If however they were made by other materials like canvas, fabric paint tends to work most efficiently as it does not to crack or chip. I'd say at this point it's best just to try anything protective, expirement with maybe some varnish or lacquer, sorry I couldn't be of more help, i'd looked into this myself awhile ago and had the same frustrations.

Ok mr down syndrome ill explain it to you

1. buy/steal clear varnish

2. apply to shoes

WOW THATS HARD

dont try to be a smart arse, varnish would crack and look shit. don't offer out advice if you don't know what your'e chatting about.

sorry thread starter, i can't really help you, but i would suggest not using varnish like this dip shit said.

Maybe this belongs in the artfag or fashionboy section but it specifically concerns technique sooo....

The other night, while in the midst of an adderall frenzy, i took a krylon 18k gold leafing pen to an old pair of velcro onitsuka tigers. They are now beautiful and shiny all over, and i want them to stay this way for eternity.

Yeah.

Problem is, the surface of this exquisite coat of fancy gold-ness, like, sort of rubs off, leaving a finish that's more graphite-like.

Perhaps this was a dumb idea. I am acutely aware of this possibility.

HOWEVARRR...

Does anybody know of a way that i can apply some kindof clear finish coat to preserve it??

Because it makes me smile.

I'm not looking for anything super glossy, nor do i wanna brush on a bunch of shit that's gonna remain gummy or get all crispy crusty n sheeit.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: CLARIFICATION: I am not anti-super-glossy. In fact i think it's tasty. It's just not a necessary criterion. TRANSPARENT is necessary.

Alright heres what you do man.

First:Chuck those joints out.

Second: Get some leather paint at http://www.turtlefeathers.com

It wont crack or peal off of the leather, and comes in gold.

• 3 weeks later...
Alright heres what you do man.

First:Chuck those joints out.

Second: Get some leather paint at www.turtlefeathers.com

It wont crack or peal off of the leather, and comes in gold.

Listen to this guy..he knows what the fuck he's talkin bout...Thats sum good paint there..and before you paint on any shoe..Use acetone to remove the wax/clear finish on most shoes..

• 1 month later...