Vespa parts...no homo

Frate_Raper

My dude is in school for some sort of mechanical engineer thing, his final assigment for the year is designing and rebuilding break system for a 1964 VESPA! He HAS TO USE 100% original parts, yes we've tried all the usual hipster fag shops and online places for some of the parts. I remember some of you guys being into these things.

Help my friend out here's what he needs

my homie says: (11:26:27 PM)

i'm incharge of designing and building the new brake system and suspension. We're putting a girder front suspension on it and retrofitting 9" brake rotors and gsxr1000 brake calipers onto it front and back

it's getting a 5kw(12hp) electric motor, should do 100km/h

so i need the 10" rim with tire, no hub's or brakes necessary. The brake pedal(mine is fucked) and the stock handle bars with speedo.

raperguy says:

for a 1964 vespa?

myhomie guy says: any year will work.

as long as it's the 10" wheels, that's like #1 thing i need because i need to make entire new hubs etc for them, everything else is kinda a very distant 2nd

myhomieguy ays: i want to use bike shit, but my prof is being a douche and wants vespa stuff, it's making designing shit impossible.

STOCK HANDLE BARS AND PEDAL, any drawings or material to look over would be good too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest shai_hulud

There's a shop called First Kick in SF. http://www.firstkick.com/

I've heard good things about them. They're not cheap, but they know their shit.

This sounds like it's going to be an expensive, time-consuming headache. If the teacher sells the bike your friend should kick his ass.

You'd think some mechanical engineering degree would be more about asking the question, "What possible good would come from putting brakes from a liter bike on a twelve horsepower vespa?"

Sounds like he already failed.

Vespa parts are stupidly expensive. Even used. I'd buy a parts bike off craigslist and pray he can make up the difference off what he doesn't use.

Also, why does he need "stock handlebars, wheel and speedo?" Is his professor a vespa afficianado? Im pretty sure you could get away with ANY handlebar, wheel, and speedo.

Guest shai_hulud

Yeah, "The Creatures". I know some of those guys. They're hardly a gang, however.

I've never been a big fan of mopeds myself, but they're all about it.

The Examiner is a piece of sensationalist shit. But, you probably knew that.