Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alabamahustla

International Travel from U.S with felony on your record?

Does anyone know if its possible to travel out of the country with a felony for painting trains or grand theft? I've looked on the .gov sites and to go to Japan for up to 90 days you don't need a visa just a valid passport, but can you get a passport with a felony for trains or shoplifting on your record?

I drove up with a friend who had a felony DWI conviction on his license into Canada. They denied him entry because of it. This same friend has gone to Europe with no problem.

depends on the country, i know that if you have anything on your criminal record you cant go to africa, but i am pretty sure south america takes any kind of convicts.

Short-Term Visit

USA

You will not need a visa for a period of stay up to 90 days.

This visa exemption is not applicable for stays exceeding 90 days, or for stays involving paid activities, journalistic activities or attending depositions.

Please have a valid US passport, and a return/thru ticket available at the port of entry in order to show that you plan to leave within 90 days.

As a general rule, "visa free" entry status may not be changed to other visa status without departing and then re-entering Japan with the appropriate visa such as a spouse, work or study visa.

This is what it said on the Japanese Embassy website. Does this mean if you can obtain a passport you can just catch a flight? Can you get a passport with a felony on your record?

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now