Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
505boogie

Cameras

X-Pro 1 will be much doper then the X100. Just wait a bit until they work out any bugs and people review it more, then the price will come down soon enough.

It's be a better sensor most likely, a whole range of lenses, plus an M-Mount adapter so you can get all the dope Leica, Zeiss, Voigtlander lenses etc... It'll be a system worth buying into. High end Fuji kicks ass.

Anyway, scored this guy for $35 inc. flash

tumblr_lyg85z7jbz1qjpv9jo1_500.jpg

And grabbed this for A LOT more then $35... A few hundred more. But fuck it, I've got a few thousand exposures to take this year now.

tumblr_lyg8ubw4Mt1qjpv9jo1_500.jpg

A bunch of shit including 35mm Tri-X, Provia, Ektar and 120 made up of T-Max, Provia, Acros and Ektar.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Why not? Any scanner with a 120 insert should be able to do them fine. I've been looking at a 'Blad too but the Fuji is very tempting, 6x9 positive frames would be crazy. Although a 'Blad is much easier to carry around and shoot I guess. Bit more expensive but I could do it in a month or so.

Gotta work out what kind of gear I want to take to Japan in May, gonna be a fun decision.

How much bigger than 120 is 6x9? With my scanner, I can just lay negatives on the glass and hold them down with another piece of glass. As long as it's in the area the scanner reads for negatives, it'll work.

I just use a plate of glass from a picture frame, but I taped up all the sharp edges so I don't scratch the scanner glass accidentally.

I assumed my masks wouldn't be big enough for 6x9. I'm having a hard time financing the blad right now. Might CLA one of my Leicas instead.

That's what I'm saying--I don't have to use the masks with my scanner if I don't want to. It's how I scan these negatives:

5423299639_d3c0bd2011.jpg

How much bigger than 120 is 6x9? With my scanner, I can just lay negatives on the glass and hold them down with another piece of glass. As long as it's in the area the scanner reads for negatives, it'll work.

I just use a plate of glass from a picture frame, but I taped up all the sharp edges so I don't scratch the scanner glass accidentally.

6x9 is 120. So it will scan in a 120 mask like any other 120 format. 6x4.5 - 6x6 - 6x7 etc... Only the length is changing so you'd just do less frames per strip. ie. 2 6x9 negs per strip which is pretty much what would fit in a sleeve anyway

That's a g2. You can tell by the mf wheel on the front.

My 120 mask has dividers between frames unlike the 35mm mask. Problem of the cheap neg scanner.

On another note, I have darkroom access for a year as of today.

DSC02952.jpg

i got this in the post today so be prepared for 35 photos o' pint glasses any week now...

dude, here is mine...just got it up an running a week ago.

6784650719_b6855c0062_z.jpg

I am almost done with the first roll. I will scan some in when I develop them.

Also got this recently for video capability, seems like you nurgas are on the high end discussion though. I'm just a noob.

Canon+EOS+600D+Review.jpg

• Like 1

It's not about the price of the camera, it's about the images that you produce and enjoying yourself while taking the photos. Plenty of cheap cameras in here and plenty of great images from cheap cameras in the photo thread. Don't feel intimidated by the fact that someone might have a crazy expensive camera. I know most of us did (and still do) shoot old, outdated cameras and enjoy ourselves even if we want or have the high end gear as well.

When you're learning, it's much more beneficial in the long run to shoot with something like that AE-1. It forces you to learn to do things yourself and will give you a much deeper understanding of the effects of different apertures, shutter speeds, etc. Forcing yourself to shoot manual aperture/iso/shutter speed on the DSLR is a good choice too. Auto focus is kinda situational. I like it for the ease of use, but shoot a lot of manual focus as well. Definitely try to stay away from other auto settings besides focus while you learn though.

Basically, don't be turned away from posting in here or the photo thread. Most of us are happy to give opinions, advice, and critiques as long as it isn't assholes posting blurry cell phone pictures just for the sake of posting.

PS: while shooting film, I would recommend shooting a couple different exposures of some of your shots while you get a feel for the camera itself and how to correctly set your light meter in different situations. A good learning method when shooting stationary subjects is to bracket and shoot 3 photos of any shot that you really want to get. Shoot one that looks to be metered as close to what you think will be perfect as possible, shoot one that is one stop higher and one that is one stop lower (or adjust the shutter speed up 1 step and down 1 step if you want to maintain your aperture for depth of field). Same could be said for digital, but it's a little less applicable since you have the ability to instantly see the outcome. This will help teach you how to compensate for different lighting scenarios to get the shot you really want.

My apologies if this turned into an unnecessarily long rant.

• Like 1

Word, Chupacabra is right. Price ain't shit. I mean the last camera I posted in here was 35 bones and is dope. The 600D is a very good camera for the price range it's in. Especially for the video. A mate a work shoots a lot of really good stuff with a 550D. I'll share some of his work later in the video thread.

Second the stuff about shooting film too, definitely gives you a true understanding of exposing images.

Probably gonna pick one of these up for a good price off someone local, mostly for touristy shots around Japan. 28mm f/1.9 fixed lens with the option for an optical finder. Stoked.

ricoh-grdiii-camera.jpg

My Canon AE-1 Program is my main shooter. All the other benchers I know shoot digital. Pffft. They have it so easy.

Here's my latest find:

6854383839_0868844a3a.jpg

$3 at a thrift store. Gonna try it out tomorrow on a little route 66 roadtrip.

Played with the xpro1 the other day. It was okay, it looks good and performs but its a camera you're only going to use with af. It feels really light in the hand and my bias comes into play here, makes it feel cheap... The lenses are nice though, fujinon will always be really good. Works well at high iso's.