Cameras

505boogie

I can wait :cool:

Contax is definitely dope. I'd been looking for a new film p&s and would have loved a T2 or something, or a Yashica T4 but I copped this for $17 and it's pretty damn dope.

And with a 2.8 lens too, it's pretty sweet.

nikon_l35af.jpg

Fully auto but it's pretty much what I was after, it'd be cool to be able to change the settings but still, it's a rad run around camera.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably a good place to ask this question...

A few months ago, while on vacation, I dropped my camera off a balcony five stories up. The card survived, thankfully, but the camera did not make it. Pretty bummed as it was a point and shoot but also had manual settings... which after owning it for three years... I was just beginning to understand.

So I need to replace the camera. I like the idea of a point and shoot camera because they're small and can fit into a pant, or jacket, pocket... but I also like the idea of having manual settings as it lets me do things 90% of the point and shoot cameras don't.

I'll be using the camera mostly for documenting my canvases/paintings as well as photos of gallery openings. I'm sure I'll use it for some other things but mostly for art documentation.

Do you lot have any recommendations for cameras I should look into? So far the only thing that has caught my eye is the Canon s95...

Thanks,

Joker_TRNSCND

If you want a compact P&S with manual settings, then..

Canon G11 & G12

Canon S90 & S95

Some of the new Nikon Coolpix models offer the same kind of thing as the above cameras, although I haven't used them. A few other brands have some manual point and shoots too, Ricoh has a couple out at the moment. Probably a bit more pricey though.