Graff and Dance Scholarship

viperface

I just found this on my inbox.

Seems like something remotely fresh, or at least the other dude is doing shit like this:

modartstec.jpg

I haven't browsed through this all yet, but seems like the played out factor with this aint as bad as the 'world championship of graff' or whatever else the german brand has pulled out before.

Feel free to diss, cuss or lock this thread

This December Montana will present the final result of its first Scholarship program ever. We have chosen two artists to collaborate on a large scale installation of works produced on site and based on a concept of their choosing. The exhibit will take place in in Heidelberg, Germany; the ‘Heimat’ of Montana Cans. The space, a former station for cargo trains, has been renovated for this purpose and will serve as a studio and gallery space for Smash137 (Basel, Switzerland) and Stefan Strumbel (Offenburg, Germany). These artists have been chosen for their skill and their ability to innovate in the fields of graffiti and the urban arts.

The intention of this project is to unite artists working in different aesthetic environments and challenge them with the task of combining the standards of both the urban art world and the fine art world. If anything, the last decade has shown us the inevitable influence that rebel art has had on mainstream society and how it has established itself as one of the most provocative art movements in history. With this program, Montana has made a commitment to invest in the artists of the future, and further illustrate the importance of urban and graffiti art as a tool used to subvert and interrupt the universal language of our visual world.

Please visit the blog of the project to be updated everyday here:

Propaganda is the theme of the day! In their project 'Restless', Smash137 and Stefan Strumbel will investigate the link between the relentless campaigns of the advertising industry and Graffiti's ability to simultaneously undermine and simulate it.

This project has been funded in collaboration with Cyworld.de, an online community dedicated to providing networks for artists worldwide.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

nah i know, and i i was trying to say (but i'm too retarded tired to say it right) that it doesn't really look like that's what's going on to me. like it looks like he's trying to create sort of a shield to dissipate the amount of paint hitting the wall (which would seem to negate piercing the side of the can, but whatever)... you might be right though, and i might not be looking at it right or something.

i just woke up a while ago, so i'm fucking out of it.

you guys get mail from montana? youre so graffiti..lloll

i dont know about you guys, but im not diggin that burner.. looks like dude put too much effort into something not so great.

dig the idea of graf scholarships.. if you ask me, its gettin harder for nice pieces to get put up without some kinda stupid shit.. love the meeting of styles in LA and hope to see more and more of that... without the state dissin it.

i dont really care about dancing

hardgay.jpg