obsessive compulsive disorder

Dawood

Anyone know the difference between obsessive compulsive disorder and just being clean?

My wife freaks out and cleans things that are already clean all the time. I swear it costs me like $100 a month is cleaning supplies. Her clean habit. To me, the crib is like clean, sparkling, glistening, but she'll be cleaning....All pissed off. yelling at kids for walking where she cleaned. I'm like, chill, it's a floor. We walk on floors, ma!

I don't get it, but it irritates the hell out of me. I just stay quiet about it when she gets like that and she walks by me giving me these looks like I should have a sponge in my hand or something....ha ha...When I tell her she has issues, she gets all mad like "the house is filthy, nobody cleans up, etc, etc."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

sit with her, at a restraunt, when you sit down remember where everything is, if she gets up to go to the bath room, or even while she is sitting there move things around like the salt shaker and a menu holder and a ketchup bottle from where it orginally was then get up to go to the bath room. soend some time there a few minutes 5 maybe, then go back if she moved all the stuff back the OCD, if she doesnt't try again somewhere else.

im not that intense. but i love a clean house.

but your wife aint the only one. my mother in law is like that too.

she cleans the counter top.we sit there. and dont even eat. we just talk

when we leave. shes cleaning that shit again

how old is the mom in law?

naw, OCD is more like fools that wash their hands 100 times a day. or like gotta tap their feet 8 times before they open a door and weird shit like that.

.....or maybe are obsessed with writing their names on shit.

i dunno, but i got this strange feeling most writers got a little OCD in them.

Complaining about a wife that keeps a clean house is like complaining about winning the lottery. the alternative is much worse.

I know , I'm buggin' she calmed down anyway. I guess everything is clean now..her way.

and everything smells like some fruity chemical.

if it was ocd your wife would be suffering. people need to understand what ocd actually is before jumping to conclusions because ocd is so much deeper than just any type of neurotic behavior.

naw, i feel you. it runs in my family. my grandma used to do some weird shit, like call my pops at 3 in the morning asking him which actor was in what obscure sitcom back in the 50's because she couldnt get to bed until she figured it out.

i know there's cases much more severe, though.

d, i think your wife is probably just an obsessive neat freak, which isnt the worst thing in the world, i suppose.

thats tourettes

naw tourettes is that disorder where people have no control over blurting shit out like you'll be having a normal conversation and they'll suddenly be like "COCK SUCKING MOTHERFUCKER!!!" out of the blue, or like making weird shreaking or clicking sounds with no control.

that's gotta be related to OCD in some way though. they're both in the same vein of uncontrollable compulsions.

Anyone know the difference between obsessive compulsive disorder and just being clean?

My wife freaks out and cleans things that are already clean all the time. I swear it costs me like $100 a month is cleaning supplies. Her clean habit. To me, the crib is like clean, sparkling, glistening, but she'll be cleaning....All pissed off. yelling at kids for walking where she cleaned. I'm like, chill, it's a floor. We walk on floors, ma!

I don't get it, but it irritates the hell out of me. I just stay quiet about it when she gets like that and she walks by me giving me these looks like I should have a sponge in my hand or something....ha ha...When I tell her she has issues, she gets all mad like "the house is filthy, nobody cleans up, etc, etc."

LOL! Your wife sounds EXACTLY like my grandmother.

I lived with her for a minute and it was hell. She'd wake me up at 9 in the morning yelling at me that I was sleeping the day away and put me to work scrubbing the floor on my hands and knees talking bout "elbow grease".... cause a mop doesn't do the job good enough. :lol:

I can laugh about it now.

being overly clean doesnt mean that person has ocd

its when that person takes it to an extreme that it falls into ocd like behavior

Washers and Cleaners

Washers and cleaners are worried about contamination by certain objects or situations, such as germs, disease, and bodily secretions. To make sure there is no chance of contamination the washer and cleaner will create one or more rituals of taking a long shower, washing their hands repeatedly, and cleaning their house for hours. The washing and cleaning is done to prevent death and illness. The washing and cleaning can go form one half hour up to ten hours. The washer and cleaner will avoid anything that they think is contaminated

naw, OCD is more like fools that wash their hands 100 times a day. or like gotta tap their feet 8 times before they open a door and weird shit like that.

OCD can also include over cleaning. It's the same as people who wash their hands every time they touch something, only they clean their house in that same manic fashion.

my best friend has ocd. motherfucker takes like 30mins to make sure all the doors are closed in his house before he leaves. he's pretty normal except for that. and what pisses me off is he does it at my house. i think i have a mild case of ocd, cuase whenever i go in a washroom i have to flush the toilet, i will go in to wash my face and next thing i know im flushing the toilet, and im not even taking a shit or a piss.

if it was ocd your wife would be suffering. people need to understand what ocd actually is before jumping to conclusions because ocd is so much deeper than just any type of neurotic behavior.

There's minor and major cases of OCD. Not every person with OCD needs to tap their feet so many times before they walk through a door.

I was talking to a friend about this stuff today... how there are a lot of weird disorders that people seem to have in minor degrees, but we weren't sure how to classify them. For example, I don't think I have OCD, but I'm very particular about arranging things in certain patterns, or when I'm sitting at a table, I'll become fixated on lining up everything so that it is all exactly parallel or evenly spaced. And when it doesn't seem right, I have a hard time concentrating on anything else. I'll be at dinner, and someone's trying to talk to me, and I'm acting all distracted because my fork and spoon don't line up right or something. I don't know what you'd call that... neurotic?