the toy generation discussion

DUDER

Anymore a really good piecer/name you jock can still be the worlds biggest toy.

At first 10 years ago I thought a toy was someone who painted like shit, or was just posing to be cool.. Well alot has changed since only 10 years ago. I mean if you still paint like shit you still might be toy.. but anymore I think its the peoples attitudes and misguidance that is killing the culture graffiti once and could still have.

I can associate graffiti with damn near anything that was once not cool at all to now where everybody and their mothers are doing it. But, we all know that same story.. Shit becomes popular, people jump into the stream, and what do you have ?

Well now we have of course the media, but also kids who have been painting for a year or 3 thinking they have every thing on lock.. They're just CRAZY ass graff heads that RACK cart fulls, and will do big tags in the day time, and will be in a magazine and on the internet all of the sudden because they jumped into a group of COOL KIDS that they meet on the internet.

I consider myself a 5th or 6th generation of graff.. with 1 or 2 generations below me.. I have to say.. a huge majority of them new writers have totally fucked up my perception of graff as being honorable. I mean it still can be honorable because I love to paint, and thats why I haven't quit... BUT HOLY SHIT these new kids have egos like no other, I feel alot of there FAME is totally a SHAM most of the time. There is a huge lack of respect, and knowledge of the past. But yet because they ASSOCIATE with COOL KIDS a band wagon of Jockers will fallow because now that kid has a name.... I've seen this happen for the past 3 years and let me tell you what it's done.. It's burnt out 5 huge undeniably chill yards to the point they are being raided on a weekly to monthly basis.. I have been caught in the yard because another was far to comfortable with his EGO (could of been 100% avoidable, but no.. lets be a EGO.) I have seen kids (before my eyes) go over people because A. they either want the spot, but still don't know who they are going over.. and then B. because a friend of another friend in their crew or what ever happens to have gone over so and so, so now that makes them involved.. But lets not forget he only knows his "homies" through the internet and has yet to have a crew meeting.

SO FUCK YOU TOYS, and if you have shit to talk in this thread, then you have found away to try to justify your self as a cool person because you simply are ignorant, or are in the know of the truth about yourself.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i could agree on alot of what your talking about, i've only been writing for a few years but i don't do ANY of the things that you've said, i can see how u can say all of this because i have also witnessed what you are talkin about. but what i've come to learn is that graff is a very cocky game. and to many it's all about ego, they write for a few months think their hot shit and then they jus kinda stop

i tend agree overall...kids have lost the real perception of what graff really is.. they seem to have been tought through this MTV/Mark Ecko ideal of what graf is.... I know I've been around for only 4 years. but hell, i know what i've been doin since day 1. Being 'self taught' let me figure things out the hard way. but i do it for more than just the "fame" (which every toy seems to want, with nothing else). I paint graf cause i love it. and no real other reason. if i catch a lil fame along the way. thats cool..

yeah thats true. i got a homeboy that goes over legends from my area all the time to get "fame". i always tell him not to do that shit. theres walls all over the place but he insists on going to the ones that have already been hit by the legends.

ive only been paintin for about 8 months but ive never done that shit, i respect them for having done what they did. ive only gone over people that have gone over me first.