The Reggae Thread

MekA_OnES?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

again, idk shit about reggae, but anything thats #1 on the charts is usually suspect.. think about any #1 hits for pop, metal, rap, etc.. all garbage. then again, maybe the reggae scenes a bit different.. the point is, there are usually disingenuous people working these chart toppers who tell you that something is #1 when there far more deserving artists. is the reggae world controlled by clearchannel? thats pretty much the dealbreaker

but yeah i do like that song hah

lugrs too

The reggae scene does seem to operate different imo. I'm friends with a couple local reggae bands that have played with those guys and from what i've heard them say about those dudes is that they are the real deal. There is a new wave coming in reggae and it's getting stronger with bands like SOJA, Iration, Fortunate Youth, The Approach, Mighty High, Ethan Tucker, Seedless, Natural Vibrations...etc. The roots of reggae are really coming out in these groups and it's invigorating to hear fresh music like this. It's the fan base that blasted them to number 1. They do alot of self-promoting as do most reggae bands and it's because their music is so sick that they've achieved that spot. I say well deserved.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...