Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MekA_OnES?

The Reggae Thread

I live in chicago holler at me

truth and rights-ernest wilson

the real thing-bitty mclean (gonna make this the first dance at my wedding real talk)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5nZ2vvFc9M

slow motion-vybz kartel (there was a time when I bumped this steady for like a month I have a version w/ out autotune...)

Every little thing-J boog

Live me life- ROmain Virgo

bless it up seen

Suds, you have Spotify? Amazing selection on there. Barely ever go on youtube after building up my lists on there.

Don't know if you've all heard the new Fortunate Youth album, but it's hit #1 on the Reggae Billboard charts. I really dig them, you might too.

again, idk shit about reggae, but anything thats #1 on the charts is usually suspect.. think about any #1 hits for pop, metal, rap, etc.. all garbage. then again, maybe the reggae scenes a bit different.. the point is, there are usually disingenuous people working these chart toppers who tell you that something is #1 when there far more deserving artists. is the reggae world controlled by clearchannel? thats pretty much the dealbreaker

but yeah i do like that song hah

lugrs too

The reggae scene does seem to operate different imo. I'm friends with a couple local reggae bands that have played with those guys and from what i've heard them say about those dudes is that they are the real deal. There is a new wave coming in reggae and it's getting stronger with bands like SOJA, Iration, Fortunate Youth, The Approach, Mighty High, Ethan Tucker, Seedless, Natural Vibrations...etc. The roots of reggae are really coming out in these groups and it's invigorating to hear fresh music like this. It's the fan base that blasted them to number 1. They do alot of self-promoting as do most reggae bands and it's because their music is so sick that they've achieved that spot. I say well deserved.

Alborosie

Protoje

Sizzla

Cali P

Cookie The Herbalist

Gappy Ranks

Jah Sun

Kabaka Pyramid - Really digging hid Accurate mixtape rite now

Mighty Mystic

Randy Valentine

Stephen Marley

Ky-Mani Marley

Vybz Kartel

Warrior King

Damian Marley

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now