Kindle... the death of the paperback.

decoded

Amazon has this dope ebook reader called Kindle.

SHITS WANTING ME TO GET BACK INTO READING BOOKS.

tv is soooo dead.

check it out @ engadget.com

amazon-kindle-launch-10.jpg

Live From The Amazon Kindle Event. ( engadget.com )

books are free to 10bux on amazon. (free well u know where if you don't then hah you a lam3z0r)

would you fine folks at 12oz throw away your book collection for a digital book reader?

i would. fuck a dusty old book. they get moldy over moving and time and collapsed roofs.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Again, most of people's gripes, as evidenced by this thread, is with reading on a screen. This is NOT a screen, at least it's not supposed to be. This is digital ink, which looks printed and doesn't give you the sore eyes computer screens give you.

technology_inkballs3.jpg

ink_close_up_thm2.jpg

There's more subtle things involved in making people feel comfortable with a device like this... that sense of progress as the bulk of pages gets shifted from the end to the front of the book as you read through it is pretty much impossible to replicate. I dunno, I love books to death and don't quite know how they're gonna be replaced... but it'll probably happen one day.

I'm sure there was a lot of people disappointed with the look and staleness of printed words when the printing press came out, and who much preferred handwritten text since that's what they grew up with.