Music to study to.

MayorMeanBeans

Okay nerds its time to get your shine on in Ch. O. For most of us students its term paper time, and i can't sit for hours writing this shit without music. I usually stick with soft shit, Marvin Gaye, Al Green Curtis Mayfield etc, but right now i'm banging out to Beanie Sigel's B. Coming. That album is the shit btw, get on it if you're late (years late).

post it up, and try to keep it hip hop, soul or reggae cuz i don't do other stuff other than pink floyd more or less.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

sts9... some greatful dead... hot buttered rum... dead prez... at the gates... neurosis... jazz.. actally i study best when listening to jazz... but i have been listening to all of those recently when i have been studying...

from rapidshare links no... I don't really use those things... but check out mingus. basie, ellington, monk, byrd... just to name a few classics to start...

And most definitealy check out django rhinehardt... seriously one of the greatest jazz musicians I have ever heard... I actually might have a live cd from europe right after ww2 that he made I can upload... not sure if its still on my laptop or not... I think it got deleted...

oh yeah menino check archive.org they have a really great selection of live shows... actually they have the fucking best collection of live shows anywhere on the internet....

one of my old teachers told me that listening to classical music increases your amount of concentration when doing things like studying and homework.

and my principal asked me if i listen to music when i'm doing work in class, and i said "yeah sometimes." (he's an annoying bitch about having ipods on during class and shit... no one else cares though)

and so he said "music is just a distraction... what are you usually listening to? rock? DISTRACTION BLAH BLAH"

and i diverted the question and said "doesn't classical music help you to work more studiously?.." (only cause people on HIS staff say that shit)

and he said "studies have proven that classical music, played at a low volume, does not interfere, but does not help you either"

i have absolutely no opinion on this, i don't listen to classical music when i study.

i do however listen to tchaikovsky's 4th a lot.... when it's late at night i turn all of my lights off and blast this extremely loud all the way through. it is very amazing.

sleeping pills i completely hear that, usually, i need stuff that is more melodic than anything else. bass/drum lines screw up my concentration. but at the same time, i need something appealing enough to distract me so that i won't feel the need to come on here when im at the library (as i am now)

yeah... i like listening to new music that i haven't really gotten to know when i need to concentrate, because i can't follow along with the songs, cause i'm not familiar with them, but the music is still good.

that helps.

damn....i cant study to music at all....ive tried...and i see people rockin ipods and doing it all the time....but when i study i have to have complete silence....i even wear ear plugs when i study in the library...just in case...i think i have adhd...

if im studying and people are talking by me....i start to get really mad...and ghetto (ill say some shit like "yo why dont yall shut the fuck up"

^^yeah...i cant do it at all...cause i just get distracted...i tried going to starbucks...but cant get shit done....i read one sentence like 5 times...but every time i start to understand it i hear the guy who works there yell out "tall java chip frappacino with no whipped cream"...shit bugs me.

^^yeah...i cant do it at all...cause i just get distracted...i tried going to starbucks...but cant get shit done....i read one sentence like 5 times...but every time i start to understand it i hear the guy who works there yell out "tall java chip frappacino with no whipped cream"...shit bugs me.

yeah dude

it takes me soo long to get through a paragraph and i have to think of nothing besides the reading

if something pops into my head for a split second and i continue to read i just forget everything

it's the worst