working on cars sucks

~KRYLON2~

There is a guy named Ray Peters that has built both a twin charger talon (whoops, just went over most everyone here's head) and he has a 1g dsm with a 3kgt motor in it.

And yes, you have to have small japanese man hands to work on that stuff.

Oh and good luck burning the rice burners Arcel. I'm sure you won't have problems with the honda boys, but if you want a challenge, come to Texas and I'll show you a rice burner.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You name it, Ive probably done it. I was a tech at several dealerships for about 4 years. I did a turbo install using factory Nissan parts on my 92 SE-R on jackstands on a cold ass garage floor in late November once. Most things I could do on my lift at work, but after leaving the biz, I do things on the ground. With jackstands. Earlier this year on my 240SX I replaced the turbine inlet gasket and took down my entire exhaust to install a new cat convertor in the driveway. Wasnt as bad as it sounds.

hey arcel the 6bt 12-valve is the way to go. p-1700 pump is what you need to make real power. fuck the newer engines, to much electronics to mess around with, and they have shitty rotary fuel pumps.

word the fuck up, fuck computer controlled shit and viva the 12 valve. plus the 89-93 regular cab dually is a fucking demon. man i love the way they look. i found this one for like 3000 or some shit but the guy didn't have the title, still i regret not getting it

to dhabz: can you say 10 second quarter mile

i did a similar thing on my jeep, i used the a/c compressor to fill a 5gal tank so i could fill up the tires after riding the trails. but anyways tomorrow i mite buy a mr2 turbo with 80k for $3000. anyone know anything about these cars? its super clean, im buying it off a middle aged women who wants to get rid of it. my guy whos into jdm cars says it has a 3s-gte or sum shit. well i took it on a test drive and this car has awesome handling, and speed. i hit 60mph in 7sec, and its completly stock. so if anyone has any ideas let me know. i've already googled adn wikipedia'd all the info on this car, i think it would be a sick track car. this car handles better then my 5.0 with a custom suspension.

sw20's are amazing cars.. 3sgte is a solid motor with alot of potential for alot of power. stand alone, cam, intake, exhuast, fuel, and a minor turbo upgrade will get you well into the 300's which is crazy. a buddy of mine picked one up awhile back making 460 at the wheels and drove it home from outside of dallas to san antonio no problems at all.

Our Class Took a FieldTrip to Certified Transmissions In Omaha, NE Today......

l_daa3921d1d787367d877cf378ed6c4b2.jpg

They were really fast. They go through 100 transmissions a day, 5 days a week. Here is their work station......

l_137b851a4e59b3cdb61b31a17e70a9d9.jpg

They Had A ton of transmission parts and transmissions. They said they had just about any transmission part for any vehicle, except older cars.

l_a8cff036816074976dfe6bc9df0a8232.jpg

They Had 8 Dynos...... Incredible....

l_b5345b7bad12b23ab28f63659e59a9e3.jpg

We saw some of the parts being re-surfaced. I saw this before in a rim factory. To make rims, i think, is in awsome job. Program the computer to make your styled rims for your ride.... neat.

l_9adabfc7112912ec902c586818d32429.jpg

Whether it’s a luxury car, hot rod, SUV, truck, tuner or a classic, you can have custom wheels installed on just about any vehicle. We’re talking about aftermarket rims & tires for any automobile; different from what was originally purchased with the factory vehicle. These custom wheels may be used on domestic & foreign automobiles, trucks, SUV’s and even motorcycles. The sizes vary greatly, ranging from the small 13-inch wheels to the extreme 30-inch custom wheels for truck & SUV’s. Widths also vary, typically from 6-inch wide wheels to the wider 13-inch wheels. Custom wheels are not just for ones new car or truck its a popular way to dress up or restore any vehicle.

Why Custom Designed Wheels for Your Car?

You probably spent both time & money on your vehicle. Now it is for you to make it your own. Dress up your vehicle’s appearance with the addition of custom wheels, the fastest and easiest way to individualize and stylize your ride. Distinguish yourself from the rest and personalize and

Commerce, CA

http://www.spoiledcars.com/

that's cool, transmissions are complicated, especially automatics, they have like 2000 different little parts. i don't even have any idea how automatics work, is it true that the ratio of each gear is variable? because on my moms truck, it seems to have a super low first gear sometimes and sometimes not

Yes, you can change the ratios of each gear, but of coarse, that consits of opening up the transmission and go in there and make some modifications.