working on cars sucks

~KRYLON2~

just got done replacing the oil pan and exhuast piping. the oil pan was pretty easy, just took the old one off and put the new one on. but the god damn exhaust was terrible, i busted all but 2 of my knuckles, got rust in my eyes. half the u-bolts stripped or broke. thats when i just said fuck it and borrowed my neighbors sawzall. i need one these bad boys, i cut the exhaust into sections and i was done in 10mins. the new exhaust went on in 20mins, but by this time it was dark and the concrete was getting cold. feel free to share your own car horror stories.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats nothing. I had to rebuilt an engine for some stupid girl who thought it was cool to paint her block pink.

Im proud that i got it running. I was all worried it wasnt going to start at first, but it did SON!

Now im left triming the rotors, bleed the brake system, and take it out for a spin.

Guest R@ndomH3ro

taking off the downpipe from my turbo...

me and dephy have permanent scars from the stubborn bitch.

Also installing new springs...fucking camber bolts

this whole ordeal of mine would have been easier but i swapped in 5.0 out of a mustang in my jeep so all the exhaust was custom bent by a local muffler shop, i had to replace everything cuz i plan on putting a supercharger on the motor this weekend. but the 2" exhaust isnt gonna cut it on a blown motor, so i stepped it up to 3" tubing. got a new cam and roller lifters from crane, and im still waiting for my roller rockers, and valve springs. should be a fun weekend.

i bought a pos car in part so i'll be forced to learn how to fix the numerous problems that it has, so far so good

the most involved thing i've done so far was replacing the steering gearbox, i have a lot to learn

what i'd like to do eventually is some basic performance upgrades, like .10 or whatever off the head for compression, large valves, head porting, dual manifolds, cam, maybe a 4 barrel and intake manifold polishing

cordless impact guns rock!

i took off the rear end on my k-5 in about 20 mins with it.

and sum guy owed me money and he didnt wanna pay. so i put b.b.'s in his engine (poured them in where the oil goes in)

he fucked up the lifters, rockers, and the piston heads had chunks missing.

good shit!

So im still working on this bitches Eagle Talon. The Engine is done and now im changing the rotors, pads, and calipers. THEY ARE A BITCH! They are rusted ass hell, had to use a hammer (which you shouldnt if youre going to trim them)

The caliper was easy to install, but the brakeline made a mess. Once that thing is exposed, you have to bleed the system, which i am. The new calipers' bleed valve should make it easy.

One Down, three to go.

dude you got to get

product_2.jpg

saves alot of time, and dosn't make a mess. $140

The college has two types. One whrere you plug in a hose and pump the brakes and the other one is a vacuum type, the best one. Im not there yet. Tomorrow i go back in the shop. I still have to install all of the stuff before i bleed the system. I can tell you that the other ones wont be easy to take off as well.

I said this info before on another thread, but hear me out.

I Have access to a website called "All Data" At the college. Its a site where gives out info on how to take something off/fix/wire diagrams/specifications of your car. Like knowing how much you can trim your rotors, quantities, and such.

I need the year of your car, model, type, and liters. If you have at least the first three, i can try to help you with the fourth part.

Like i said, il be there at the college tomorrow. Il post pictures so that you can see what im talking about.