Top 10 Military Movies of All Time

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of my fav's not mentioned

(Bridge over river Kwai, Apocolypse now, Barry Lyndon, Platoon, FMJacket already mentioned)

grande_illusion_150.jpg

La Grande Illusion by Jean Renoir.. 5*s

The-Great-Escape-Style-A--C10129779.jpeg

Great Escape

crazy.jpg

"Crazy"~ Hands down the best war documentary ever~

From the Netherlands.. about the relationship between music and memories.. and life with Post-traumatic stress syndrome. If you can find it, grab it!

Werrrd.

Tears of the Sun was wack.

I've wanted to see Tigerland, but I haven't got around to it. I'll rent it from work and see about it.

Wait, if we have Starship Troopers....then what about the orignal Star Wars?

On second thought, lets just keep the "In the future" shit out of here.

Not to say that Starship Troopers is bad, it just doesnt fit the thread.

And goddamn, they made some shit wack cartoon out of S.T. and shit was terrible.

Starship Troopers 2 was also a joke. Horrible. I read that they were only working with like 1/6 of the budget that was used for ST1. I agree though, that shit is more science-fiction than a "war" film.

One Vietnam vet told me once that Apocalypse Now is the most realistic portrayal of the war he had ever seen.

my buddies dad is a vietnam vet. he went to go see apoc. now in the theatre when it was new and had himself a little wartime flashback.

one of the scenes set him off, in the war he was a door gunner in a helicopter (pretty hairy job I expect), and there are some viets running towards a helicopter for help or something. when he saw it on screen it reminded him of being back there, and how you couldn't trust any of the viets, so when he saw them rushing the chopper he just stood up in the theatre and started screaming "kill those fucking gooks" or something like that.

then of course he realized where he was and what he was saying, calmly sat down and watched the rest of the movie.

Starship Troopers 2 was also a joke. Horrible. I read that they were only working with like 1/6 of the budget that was used for ST1. I agree though, that shit is more science-fiction than a "war" film.

Starship Troopers was adapted from a novel written by a neo-nazi author (sorry, can't remember what his name is) and it is basically a "what-if" film about what the world would be like if the nazi's had won world war2 and managed world domination.

my buddies dad is a vietnam vet. he went to go see apoc. now in the theatre when it was new and had himself a little wartime flashback.

one of the scenes set him off, in the war he was a door gunner in a helicopter (pretty hairy job I expect), and there are some viets running towards a helicopter for help or something. when he saw it on screen it reminded him of being back there, and how you couldn't trust any of the viets, so when he saw them rushing the chopper he just stood up in the theatre and started screaming "kill those fucking gooks" or something like that.

then of course he realized where he was and what he was saying, calmly sat down and watched the rest of the movie.

whoa! remember the door gunner from FMJ?

Door Gunner: Git some! Git some! Git some, yeah, yeah, yeah! Anyone that runs, is a VC. Anyone that stands still, is a well-disciplined VC! You guys oughta do a story about me sometime!

Private Joker: Why should we do a story about you?

Door Gunner: 'Cuz I'm so fuckin' good! I done got me 157 dead gooks killed. Plus 50 water buffalo too! Them's all confirmed!

Private Joker: Any women or children?

Door Gunner: Sometimes!

Private Joker: How can you shoot women or children?

Door Gunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

whoa! remember the door gunner from FMJ?

Door Gunner: Git some! Git some! Git some, yeah, yeah, yeah! Anyone that runs, is a VC. Anyone that stands still, is a well-disciplined VC! You guys oughta do a story about me sometime!

Private Joker: Why should we do a story about you?

Door Gunner: 'Cuz I'm so fuckin' good! I done got me 157 dead gooks killed. Plus 50 water buffalo too! Them's all confirmed!

Private Joker: Any women or children?

Door Gunner: Sometimes!

Private Joker: How can you shoot women or children?

Door Gunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?

Hands down my favourite scene of that movie.

The sick look on joker's sidekicks' face. The cynical look on joker's face.

My girlfriend just doesn't understand why thats so funny to me... :lol:

The other one I really like, obviously, is when the reporters show up and ask the marine's some interview questions to take back home.

"why did you come to Vietnam?"

"well, I wanted to experience people of another culture, and exploit them. oh, I also wanted to be the first kid on my block with a confirmed kill"

or something to that extent.

The guy that serves french fries was a door gunner in vietnam.

He also says that "The Deer Hunter" is the best vietnam movie ever.

I don't get it.

probably has something to do with the extreme psychological trauma

Good movie but not the greatest, maybe on the top 10. This list is subective to what the person who is making the list is looking for.

Some people like alot of fighting, some like alot of backstory, some want attention to details, some want stategy in their war movies. it all depends on what you are looking for.