Top 10 Military Movies of All Time

Weapon X

i wasn't a big fan of apocalypse now. after the fighting scene, it just dragged on and on and the storyline veered somewhere else. francis ford coppola even said he was depressed because he thought the film was a disaster. that is unil it received rave receptions and reviews. i think coppola was right, it was a disaster. i think it just became received well because his fuck-ups inadvertantly caused the film to be "abstract" and eccentric, which people tend to gravitate to.

Apocalypse now is one of my favorite movies and its not so much a war movie as it is a movie set in a war

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 90% of the movies mentioned so far suck.

1. Thin red line

2.FMJ

3.Das boot

4.Barry lyndon

5.patton

6.platoon

7.apocalypse now

enemy at the gates, saving private ryan, windtalkers,

black hawk down, hamburger hill, tears of the sun; ALL pretty much sucked.

1540357.jpg

i just saw this movie last night. this shit fucking sucked. i only watched it because i was curious about what a movie would be like with 50 cent and samuel l. jackson together.

bad writing/script (corny and predictable), sub-par directing and some bad acting (jessica biel and sam jackson were good though). it seemed like the producers had a low budget to work with.

why it received two thumbs up is beyond me. i guess since it's about iraq war vets that we should automatically praise it.

One Vietnam vet told me once that Apocalypse Now is the most realistic portrayal of the war he had ever seen.

I like the movie myself, but obviously wouldn't know anything about it's realism or whatever. Redux was even better.

Couple of contemporary war movies from a russian director, which I highly recommend:

The Checkpoint (Chechnya)

Cuckoo/Kukushka (WWII)

and I still haven't seen this classic Peckinpah flick

Cross_of_iron.jpg

if your going to bring that then this should be included

starship-troopers-poster-0.jpg

Werrrd.

Tears of the Sun was wack.

I've wanted to see Tigerland, but I haven't got around to it. I'll rent it from work and see about it.

Wait, if we have Starship Troopers....then what about the orignal Star Wars?

On second thought, lets just keep the "In the future" shit out of here.

Not to say that Starship Troopers is bad, it just doesnt fit the thread.

And goddamn, they made some shit wack cartoon out of S.T. and shit was terrible.