Those With iPhones

Seffiks

Instructions posted for downgrading iPhone from 1.1.2 to 1.1.1

by Donald Melanson[/url]

iphone112-small.jpg It looks like those having regrets about upgrading their iPhone to the 1.1.2 firmware now have a means of bringing their prized device back to the comforts of 1.1.1, although the process is apparently not without its faults. According to the instructions recently posted on the Hackintosh forums, you'll first need to snag a copy of the 1.1.1 ipsw firmware file, then you simply follow three relatively easy steps to dial things back to 1.1.1, after which you'll have to follow a couple of additional steps to re-activate the phone itself. On the downside, it appears that IPSF won't work on an iPhone downgraded using these measures, although an update to fix that particular problem certainly doesn't seem to be out of the question. read below for the complete step-by-step details.

MostOfMymac.com

I just tool a 1.1.2 iPhone and decided to downgrade it to 1.1.1.

From my testing now 1.0.2 downgrade is necessary.

Prerequisite:

- you need to have the firmware 1.1.1 ipsw file in your computer

NOTE: This guide does not guarantee it will work 100%. Also errors 1015 is expected at the end of the process. Continue reading to understand.

1. Download the 1.1.1 ipsw firmware file from Apple. If the downloaded file has the extension ".zip", please remove it and modify it to end up with a filename ending in _Restore.ipsw

2. Reboot your iPhone holding the top (power) and home buttons BUT release the top button 10 seconds into it (right after the screen goes dark) and continue to hold the home button until iTunes detects the phone in recovery mode. The iPhone screen will appear to be off, but start iTunes if not started yet .

3. Restore your iPhone by pressing and holding the ‘Shift’ key on windows or ‘option’ key on Mac, then click ‘restore’ to select the 1.1.1 firmware file you downloaded earlier. The restore should go through and errors at the end with error 1015. However you will notice that the iphone is in DFU mode with the connect to itunes screen from 1.1.1.

In order to kick the phone out of that mode I just had to launch iNdependence version 1.2.5 and wait a minute or so.

Now you are ready to follow the easy steps at the following LINK in order to reactivate the phone:

http://iphoneunlocked.mostofmymac.com/Unlocking_Instructions.html

PS: And for those who wonder about IPSF, I tried to run it on my downgraded iPhone and it could not unlock the phone. It errors with "Unable to download firmware". We should expect and update from IPSF shortly!

I hope this helps.

TheMacThinker

http://iphoneunlocked.mostofmymac.com

Last edited by MostOfMymac.com : Today at 01:30 AM. Reason: updated a line

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.