Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dawood

Wifey's in the hospital.

I've never made a thread like this before, but I come here often and I figured it was appropriate to post this here. (I hope)

My wife just went into this pre-labor type thing where her water broke but the baby is not ready to come, (she's pregnant btw) and we're just waiting....until the lil dude is done chillin and ready to come out and face life. He's a like a month an a half early though. So far, they want to keep her for a week or two to monitor her because the baby's lungs are not developed enough to deliver but she's losing amniotic fluid and that brings the risk of infection and a whole new list of potential problems.

I have the kids and I'm doing the 24/7 dad thing (as opposed to going out to work) I'm Not, freaking out. The wife is cool, enjoying her quiet time and all her visitors.I know whatever happens is written so I'm not all bunched up over it, Concerned, that's all.

just think positivie thoughts dawood...

nah, don't get me wrong I'm cool, It's just the protective husband/dad thing in me kicking in because what bugs me about things like this is I have no control over the outcome and all I have is patience and waiting. I also appreciate what my wife does every day better (we have 4 kids already and this will be the 5th) because the kids are wearing me down, for real. I gotta get back to work soon. Women have this built in patience program and high pitch/loud noise muffler that men don't come equipped with with.

ha, ha yeah. the kids are all in the chips and juice. playing some gameboy thing on the stairs all happy. if my wife was here, they'd be in bed by now. I'm such a pushover when it comes to me being the sole decisionmaker and they know it.

Worse case scenario they fill him up with steroids to speed up his lung development in utero, and he gets out early. Think of it as probation. Hope everything goes well.

P.S. /nodoctor

im sayin a prayer for you and yours DAWOOD...same thing happened to a friend of mine and everything turned out great..the baby is fine and his wife just had their second son..is this your guys first together? If so congrats!

just seen you have 4 kids already with her...so im sure you guys got it down

damn DAwood gets busy

As you said man, its out of your hands. Trust that whatever happens, was meant to. Just be there to support the wife. As far as dealing with the kids...just try and take it easy. Pace yourself..I know thats way easier said than done...but still.

I dunno...yea.

I get annoyed at the wifey but if she's gone for more than a couple days I get all fucked up and can't hadly take care of myself or feed myself more than peanutbutter samwiches. I can't imagine having 4 kids solo and worrying about if wifey and # 5 are gonna be ok on top of that. Hopefully you got some fam or some real freinds close by for some help. I'm pretty sure you guys will make it out ok. Good luck to you.

fuggit, be the cool dad who lets the kids stay up past thei bed time!

like tease said, and even though im sure we dont agree on the religion side you and the fam are in the prayers!

anglo/non-religious but still gots the love

Guest spectr

My prayers are with you and your family right now..

I appreciate all the good words from everybody...Makes me feel all fuzzy. 12oz. bringin deh peeplez together in timez of teh needz!

Two of my friends were born a month and a half early. One dudes normal as normal gets, the other one cant tase anything. Worst case scenario is you have a kid who doesnt mind eating his spinach.

Your wife will be fine. Being in the hospital, if anything goes south they'll be on it and just make her deliver.

A month and a half early aint shit though. You'd think they'd let the baby come and just put it in an incubator at least.

My son was induced a month early due to the wife having preclampsia (probably spelled wrong).

They only kept him in the incubator for like a day or two.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now