Letter of Resignation

Weapon X

I am very depressed lately, and to top it off, my shop foreman, who really dislikes me, even though I'm a "yes sir" type of dude and produce like fuck, has decided to make me do something demeaning for the next three whole fucking months. So I have to quit.

I've never done the whole letter of resignation thing. Can I just put a "Fuck you, I quit" on it?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

If you need the job for a recommendation then dont just say "fuck you, im out."

If that is the case...then let your boss know (either verbally or in a letter)..that you are putting in your 2 weeks (or however long) because *insert reason here*...feel free to make up some generic shit if you dont feel comfortable telling him that you bust your ass for nothing. A good one is "i need to find something that will fulfill my economic needs more than this." This, both tells him that you want to leave...and (in the best case scenario) will get him to offer you a raise or at least a chance to obtain more loot. If this happens, never say yes immediately...use the "i will have to get back to you on that...thank you for the offer." or something to that affect. After this...depending on his reaction...it would do you well to state that you would like to leave on good terms and that you are prepared to do a good job at whatever you do until your time is up.

i dunno....that was more long winded then i intended it to be.

i hope it helped a bit.

what is so demeaning that he wants you to do? and i say you just get as wasted as possible everyday for work for the next 3 weeks until he fires you instead of quitting...

or sue and claim sexual harassment....

If you like your job enough state your case for being a good worker and tell them that shit is beneath you. Mix tape song, don't remember the name of it but on the 1st Black Sheep album there's that song on side 2 that's just a loop of 'fuck you' over a beat, pretty clear. If you fuck them over in any way do it on the DL in case they're bitches who call the cops. Pour laundry/dishwashing soap in the toilet tank or just do a half ass job collecting a check until they can you.

It's about 6:am right now, and I haven't been able to sleep due to being miserable as fuck.

In that time lying in bed, thinking, I've come to the conclusion that a resignation is in order - on Monday.

How do I write the letter, and to whom do I give it? The Director of Operations will be away for the week, and I'm not sure the shop foreman is the person to give it to

Should I hand it to the GM, with whom I've had no professional relationship with since he came on? We have no service manager right now, and haven't had one for the past few months.

Thanks for all the advice. I don't know what telling him that shit is beneath me is going to do. Probably put a big smile on his face. They had some lame justifications for me in the office. I don't even want to hear more of that shit.

And I definitely wouldn't mind the reference.

Man you jsut have to let them know you are planningon leaving as you haev had enough of your time there.

They tried to fuck me over months ago (you may remember it) and I pretty much fucked them in the end.

And take a break man.

I have had 3 months of doing fuck all to relax and get my head clear. Now I have to choose what to do next.