Huffing Shit Gas. ALL HOMO.

El Priest

Feel free to search for and post images, lets get started with a small article from BBC news:

At the Lusaka sewage ponds, two teenage boys plunge their hands into the dark brown sludge, gathering up fistfuls and stuffing it into small plastic bottles. They tap the bottles on the ground, taking care to leave enough room for methane to form at the top. A sour smell rises in the hot sun, but the boys seem oblivious to the stench and the foul nature of their task.

They are manufacturing "Jenkem", a disgusting, noxious mixture made from fermented sewage. It is cheap, potent and very popular among the thousands of street-children in Lusaka. When they cannot afford glue or are too scared to steal petrol, these youngsters turn to Jenkem as a way of getting high.

"It lasts about an hour", says one user, 16-year-old Luke Mpande, who prefers Jenkem to other substances.

"With glue, I just hear voices in my head. But with Jenkem, I see visions. I see my mother who is dead and I forget about the problems in my life."

Heres a informative taste via Wikipedia:

Jenkem or jekem is an inhaled gas which can result in dissociation and hallucinations[1]. It is made from fermented sewage. According to Fountain of Hope, a non-profit organization, Jenkem is used by street children in Lusaka, Zambia as a substitute for ordinary inhalants such as glue or petrol.[1] According to anecdotal sources and still unconfirmed media reports, Jenkem is as of November 2007 in the process of attaining a foothold among US teenagers (see section below).

Psychoactive effects

Its effects last for around an hour and consist of auditory and visual hallucinations[1]. A 16-year-old boy describes his preference for jenkem over other inhalants "With glue, I just hear voices in my head. But with Jenkem, I see visions. I see my mother who is dead and I forget about the problems in my life."[1] The raw materials are plentiful and freely available in the form of fecal matter from the open sewers of Lusaka. This is then fermented in plastic bottles and the fumes are inhaled.

Media Attention

The first media description of Jenkem came from an Inter Press Service wire report in 1995.[2] In 1999 BBC News then ran a story devoted to this new drug.[1] Then in 2004 the South African weekly investigative newspaper Mail & Guardian included the mention of Jenkem abuse in a correspondent report on the predicament of Zambia's street children.[3] The news reports give no information as to how or when the children first began manufacturing jenkem. Snopes (Urban Legends Reference Pages) still has the phenomenon listed as undetermined, however citing both a widely circulated trip report from an American teenager posted to the an online forum,[4] and a leaked alert bulletin from the Collier County Sherrif's Office in Naples, Florida which asserts that Jenkem has attained popularity in American schools.[5

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.